Digital TV News: Crackle Plus
Bitmovin supports AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
May 21, 2021 – Bitmovin’s Cloud Connect service enables OTT streaming service providers to encode on their own AWS infrastructure and use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Spot Instances to save up to 90% on costs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Service, Crackle, Justin Fujita, Eric Iverson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
Apr 14, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced the launch of the Crackle app on Comcast's Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex. For access, Xfinity customers can simply say 'Crackle' into the Xfinity Voice Remote.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Comcast, Philippe Guelton, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Crackle app to launch on Smart TVs powered by Vewd
Mar 10, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus has signed an agreement to launch the Crackle app on Smart TVs and set-top boxes powered by Vewd.
News categories: Crackle, Vewd, Philippe Guelton, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
Mar 2, 2021 – SpotX has announced a partnership with Crackle Plus to serve as a primary supply-side platform (SSP) to power the video monetization of Crackle Plus inventory across both existing and new distribution channels.
News categories: SpotX, Crackle, Mike Laband, Darren Olive, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Magnite to acquire SpotX from RTL
Feb 5, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has agreed to acquire SpotX from RTL Group for $1.17 billion. Together, the companies will create the largest independent CTV and video advertising platform in the programmatic marketplace.
News categories: Magnite, SpotX, RTL Group, Michael Barrett, Mike Shehan, Thomas Rabe, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Amagi to power Crackle Plus linear channels on FAST platforms
Nov 9, 2020 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a collaboration between Crackle Plus and Amagi to power the linear channel experience for Crackle, Popcornflix and other channels on a growing list of Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Crackle Plus, Amagi, Philippe Guelton, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
Nov 5, 2019 – MediaMath has announced a partnership with LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP). LiveRamp’s IdentityLink (IDL) will be integrated into MediaMath’s bidding infrastructure, providing marketers a best in class experience for targeting and measurement.
News categories: LiveRamp, MediaMath, Travis Clinger, Jeremy Steinberg, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
May 14, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (CSS Entertainment) (Nasdaq: CSSE) have launched their new streaming video joint venture named 'Crackle Plus' and announce closing of related transactions.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, Sony Pictures Television, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul form Crackle Plus joint venture
Mar 28, 2019 – Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) have announced the signing of a definitive agreement to establish a new streaming video joint venture to be branded 'Crackle Plus'.
News categories: Sony Pictures Television, CSS Entertainment, Mike Hopkins, William J. Rouhana Jr, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021