Digital TV News: Crackle Plus
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
Nov 18, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus will use Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) entertainment metadata and Gracenote IDs to make Crackle, Popcornflix and Chicken Soup for the Soul streaming service titles more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Crackle, Gracenote, Philippe Guelton, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
Sep 13, 2021 – The newly enhanced Popcornflix app, launched by Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE), is now running on a streaming and integrated advertising platform built and powered by SeaChange International (NASDAQ:SEAC).
News categories: SeaChange, Crackle, Bob Pons, Karan Singh, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Bitmovin supports AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
May 21, 2021 – Bitmovin’s Cloud Connect service enables OTT streaming service providers to encode on their own AWS infrastructure and use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Spot Instances to save up to 90% on costs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Service, Crackle, Justin Fujita, Eric Iverson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
Apr 14, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced the launch of the Crackle app on Comcast's Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex. For access, Xfinity customers can simply say 'Crackle' into the Xfinity Voice Remote.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Comcast, Philippe Guelton, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Crackle app to launch on Smart TVs powered by Vewd
Mar 10, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus has signed an agreement to launch the Crackle app on Smart TVs and set-top boxes powered by Vewd.
News categories: Crackle, Vewd, Philippe Guelton, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
Mar 2, 2021 – SpotX has announced a partnership with Crackle Plus to serve as a primary supply-side platform (SSP) to power the video monetization of Crackle Plus inventory across both existing and new distribution channels.
News categories: SpotX, Crackle, Mike Laband, Darren Olive, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Magnite to acquire SpotX from RTL
Feb 5, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has agreed to acquire SpotX from RTL Group for $1.17 billion. Together, the companies will create the largest independent CTV and video advertising platform in the programmatic marketplace.
News categories: Magnite, SpotX, RTL Group, Michael Barrett, Mike Shehan, Thomas Rabe, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Amagi to power Crackle Plus linear channels on FAST platforms
Nov 9, 2020 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a collaboration between Crackle Plus and Amagi to power the linear channel experience for Crackle, Popcornflix and other channels on a growing list of Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Crackle Plus, Amagi, Philippe Guelton, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated