Digital TV News: Crackle
Amagi acquires Streamwise
Nov 21, 2022 – Amagi has announced it has acquired Streamwise. Streamwise specializes in automating and standardizing data collection across streaming platforms. The acquisition will help Amagi to enhance its data capabilities.
News categories: Amagi, Streamwise, Baskar Subramanian, Doug Shineman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
VIZIO remote controls to get dedicated Redbox and Crackle buttons
Nov 14, 2022 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a deal with VIZIO that brings the Redbox and Crackle free streaming apps to VIZIO remote controls in the second half of 2023.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, VIZIO, Adam Mosam, Seta Goldstein, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
QYOU Media India grows reach and revenue with Amagi
Oct 27, 2022 – Amagi has announced that QYOU Media India, which produces and distributes content created by social media and digital content stars, has partnered with Amagi to grow its viewership and ad-based revenue in India.
News categories: Amagi, QYOU Media, Srinivasan KA, Krishna Menon, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
VIDAA OS remote controls to get Crackle button in the U.S.
Oct 13, 2022 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE), along with VIDAA USA, has announced an agreement to add Crackle streaming services and a Crackle-branded remote control button to devices powered by VIDAA OS.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, VIDAA, Adam Mosam, Nick Ruczaj, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Roku launches OS 11.5 and new software features
Sep 12, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the latest enhancements coming to its operating system. In the coming months, the company will introduce a new content discovery experience as well as two updates to its What to Watch feature.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Crackle Plus launches FAST on the TCL Channel in the U.S.
Jul 12, 2022 – Crackle Plus (Nasdaq: CSSE) is to launch five FAST channels on the TCL Channel streaming platform in the US. The channels are Crackle, Crackle Classics, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Popcornflix and Truli.
News categories: Crackle, FFalcon, Philippe Guelton, Rebecca Wan, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Crackle Plus extends measurement relationship with iSpot.tv
Jul 6, 2022 – Crackle Plus (Nasdaq: CSSE) has renewed its relationship with iSpot.tv. iSpot.tv will continue to provide its Unified Measurement to the brands working with Crackle Plus to quantify the incremental reach delivered over linear.
News categories: Crackle, iSpot.tv, Darren Olive, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Crackle Plus expands CTV ad inventory with Amagi
Jun 7, 2022 – Amagi has announced a Connected TV ad inventory agreement with Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE). Amagi's ADS PLUS first-party ad platform supports over 700 content brands on 2,000+ channels, delivering over 50 billion ad impressions.
News categories: Amagi, Crackle, James M. Smith, Philippe Guelton, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise