Digital TV News: CraveTV
One million IPTV customers for Bell Canada
Apr 17, 2015 – Bell has announced that it now serves 1 million IPTV customers, making Fibe TV and FibreOP TV among the fastest growing product lines in Bell's history. Bell has become the second-largest television provider in Canada.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
Canada's CraveTV available through four more TV providers
Mar 18, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that four additional television service providers are now carrying its television streaming service, CraveTV: Hay Communications, Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV, Tuckersmith Communications, and Wightman Telecom.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Netflix now accessible through TELUS in Canada
Feb 11, 2015 – TELUS (TSX:T)(NYSE:TU) has announced that Optik TV customers will be able to access Netflix directly from their Optik TV set-top box, removing the inconvenience of having to switch hardware and source inputs or fumble with additional remotes.
News categories: TELUS, Netflix, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
BCE adds 42,190 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 5, 2015 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported BCE and Bell Q4 and 2014 results. In Q4 2014, BCE (Bell Canada and Bell Aliant) added 42,190 TV subscribers. At the end of 2014, BCE served a total of 2,642,608 TV subscribers.
News categories: BCE, Bell Aliant, Canada, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Bell Media introduces CraveTV in Canada
Dec 3, 2014 – Bell Media has introduced Canada to CraveTV™, the company's subscription on-demand video streaming service launching on Thursday, Dec. 11. Costing $4/Month, CraveTV brings simplicity, ubiquity, accessibility, and premium content to Canadian TV lovers.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Kevin Crull, Domenic Vivolo, Mike Cosentino, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania