Digital TV News: D2 Technologies
D2 Technologies Acquires Webia Technologies
Mar 2, 2011 – D2 Technologies has acquired Webia Technologies through an all stock transaction. Headquartered in Taipei, Webia was one of the first software vendors to introduce set top box media player platforms based on Google's Android™ OS.
News categories: D2 Technologies, Webia Technologies, MandA, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
D2 Technologies Collaborates with Freescale on Android-based Reference Design with HD Video Call Capability
Jan 6, 2011 – D2 Technologies has announced the availability of a new multimedia processor/software solution based on i.MX technology from Freescale. The platform offers a production-ready solution for devices delivering high definition voice and IP video calling.
News categories: D2 Technologies, Freescale, CES2022, Middleware, Semiconductor
MIPS Makes Android™ Source Code Available to Public
Aug 3, 2009 – MIPS Technologies (NasdaqGS: MIPS) is working to define standardized Android-based platforms for consumer devices such as set-top boxes, digital TVs, mobile internet devices (MIDs), home media players and VoIP systems.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Thomson: New Triple-Play, on-Chip Solution for VDSL2 Broadband Access Gateway
Oct 8, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext Paris:18453) (NYSE:TMS) has announced the launch of the Thomson 5411/5120 chipset for customer premises equipment at the 2007 Broadband World Forum Europe.
News categories: Thomson, BBWF, Broadband, ICs, Semiconductor
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria