Digital TV News: DASH Industry Forum
ExpressPlay DRM integrated with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 8, 2021 – Intertrust ExpressPlay has announced that it has completed validation testing and supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in ExpressPlay multi-DRM cloud service.
News categories: ExpressPlay, Ali Hodjat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
castLabs integrates with SPEKE API version 2.0
Sep 9, 2021 – castLabs has announced that it supports version 2.0 of the Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE) API in its leading digital rights management (DRM) licensing solution – DRMtoday.
News categories: castLabs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
ATEME joins Akamai partner program
Oct 29, 2020 – ATEME has announced that it is joining the Media Technology Partner (MTP) program of Akamai. Being a partner demonstrates the integration and interoperability of ATEME’s video delivery solutions with Akamai’s media products.
News categories: ATEME, Akamai, Remi Beaudouin, Jon Alexander, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Verimatrix integrates multi-DRM with the AWS SPEKE API
Aug 29, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced interoperability between the Verimatrix Multi-DRM solution and the SPEKE API developed by AWS. Support for SPEKE eliminates the need for integrations between proprietary DRM APIs and encryptors from different vendors.
News categories: Verimatrix, Amazon Web Services, Nikolai Keychenko, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, Worldwide
Insys Video adds SPEKE API support for multi-DRM workflows
Apr 2, 2019 – Insys Video Technologies has announced that the company has integrated support for the SPEKE API into its OTT video solutions. SPEKE defines the standard for authentication and communication between encryptors and packagers of media content and DRM key providers.
News categories: Insys Video, Amazon Web Services, Krzysztof Bartkowski, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
AWS releases key exchange API to streamline DRM integration
Mar 27, 2019 – AWS has announced its Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE), an open, extensible API specification developed to streamline integration of Digital Rights Management (DRM) with encoders, transcoders, and origin servers.
News categories: AWS Elemental, Michael Callahan, Will Law, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
VR Industry Forum to present draft industry guidelines at IBC 2017
Sep 13, 2017 – The Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF) has announced that it will be presenting a draft of its guidelines at IBC 2017. The guidelines will be discussed by VRIF at a session co-hosted by the DASH Industry Forum (DASH-IF) at the RAI in Amsterdam.
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, Paul Higgs, Rob Koenen, Digital TV, IBC2022, Metaverse, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Digital TV Labs announces HEVC test solutions
Sep 3, 2014 – Digital TV Labs has announced the launch of a range of products designed to aid in the development and deployment of next generation 4K / UHDTV services utilising the latest HEVC compression standard.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Keith Potter, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania