Digital TV News: European Audiovisual Observatory
European VOD revenues increased 30-fold over the last ten years
Feb 9, 2021 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report that focuses on the evolution of the SVOD, TVOD and AVOD/BVOD markets in the European Union (EU28) and their impact on traditional audiovisual markets.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
Apr 9, 2020 – This new report 'Supply of audiovisual media services in Europe: MAVISE insights - 2019 edition' provides an overview of the supply of services (TV channels and on-demand) available in the European audiovisual media landscape.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Europe, Market Research
13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
Nov 27, 2019 – A study published by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) shows that up to 13.7 million EU citizens stream unauthorised internet protocol television (IPTV), at a cost of EUR 941.7 million per year.
News categories: EUIPO, Christian Archambeau, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
Jun 13, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pay audiovisual services in Europe, covering the state of play for the two main segments: linear pay TV and SVOD. The report also analyses the main factors likely to influence their development.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Laura Ene, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming
Pay TV and SVOD in Europe on the up, TV viewing and Blu-ray slump
Nov 22, 2018 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its Yearbook 2018/2019 on line service. The database provides comparative European data on film, television, on-demand and physical video in 41 countries.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
SVOD makes up 60% of the growth in Europe's pay audiovisual revenues
May 2, 2018 – The European Audiovisual Observatory’s Key Trends 2017/18 publication gives a practical and handy overview of the film, VOD and television sectors in Europe, covering 41 countries. The Observatory is proud to make this publication free of charge ahead of the Cannes Film Festival.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Gilles Fontaine, Digital TV, EU, Europe, Market Research
SVOD revenue in Europe grew by 128% annually between 2011 and 2016
Mar 8, 2018 – According to a report from the European Audiovisual Observatory, subscription VOD service revenue in Europe grew by 128% annually between 2011 and 2016 to represent 66% of total pay on-demand service revenue in 2016.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Gilles Fontaine, Christian Grece, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Film and series channels make up 61% of pay on demand services in Europe
Nov 8, 2016 – Films and TV fiction are clearly the main driver for on-demand services. Pay on demand services specialized in film and TV fiction account for two-thirds of all pay-on demand services in Europe, compared with only 14% of TV channels.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor