Digital TV News: Evoca TV
Evoca to launch this month in Traverse City, Michigan
Apr 25, 2022 – Evoca has announced the NextGen TV service will launch in Traverse City, Michigan this May. In partnership with Heritage Broadcasting, area residents will also have access to the regional sports network Michigan Sports Now Plus.
News categories: Evoca, Heritage Broadcasting, 9&10 News, Todd Achilles, Pete Iacobelli, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
Evoca and partners enhance throughput with ATSC 3.0 cross-polarization
Apr 19, 2022 – Evoca TV has successfully transmitted TV content using the cross-polarization functionality of the ATSC 3.0 standard. Cross-polarization has the potential to dramatically increase the available payload for TV broadcasts.
News categories: Evoca TV, Rohde & Schwarz, ENENSYS, Kathrein, Televes, Todd Achilles, Manfred Reitmeier, Richard Lhermitte, Marc Dunham, Javier Ruano, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Edge Networks selects Vewd OpX to power Evoca TV
Jul 1, 2021 – Evoca TV has selected Vewd OpX to power the content and UX for its TV service. Vewd OpX is integrated into Evoca's Scout receiver and delivers linear, on-demand, apps and more within an intuitive TV experience.
News categories: Vewd, Evoca, Todd Achilles, Henrik Sten, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Edge Networks launches NextGen TV service with Harmonic
Dec 9, 2020 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Edge Networks launched its Evoca TV service with an end-to-end solution from Harmonic. Evoca combines OTA ATSC 3.0 broadcasts with video streaming to reach underserved areas in the U.S.
News categories: Harmonic, Edge Networks, Eric Armstrong, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue