Digital TV News: Fairfax Media
More than 400,000 Netflix subscription households in Australia
Jun 23, 2015 – Within two months of its local launch, over a million Australians across 400,000 households had signed up to Netflix, the latest Streaming Video On Demand (SVOD) data from Roy Morgan Research shows. The number of subscribers is more than 3 times the combined total of its rivals.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
thePlatform selected for Australia's 'Stan' SVOD
Mar 31, 2015 – thePlatform has announced that it has been selected by Stan, the joint venture between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media, to provide back-end video services for the Australian subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service.
News categories: thePlatform, Stan, Marty Roberts, Mike Sneesby, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
'Stan' S-VOD service coming soon to Australia
Nov 5, 2014 – StreamCo, a joint venture between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media, has unveiled 'Stan', the brand of their subscription video on demand service, launching soon. Stan will be available in HD via TVs, tablets and smart phones.
News categories: Fairfax Media, Nine Entertainment, Mike Sneesby, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Australia's TPG Telecom to launch IPTV in 2015
Sep 24, 2014 – Australian telecommunications provider TPG Telecom has said that it plans to launch a full IPTV service in early 2015.
News categories: TPG Telecom, Craig Levy, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV
Ooyala technology for Foxtel's Presto OTT movie service
Mar 10, 2014 – Ooyala has announced that its technology is to be used by Foxtel's Presto subscription movie service. Presto will soon be available in Australia on PCs and iOS and Android devices.
News categories: Ooyala, Foxtel, Presto, Jay Fulcher, Rick Ellis, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform