Digital TV News: Fairfax Media
More than 400,000 Netflix subscription households in Australia
Jun 23, 2015 – Within two months of its local launch, over a million Australians across 400,000 households had signed up to Netflix, the latest Streaming Video On Demand (SVOD) data from Roy Morgan Research shows. The number of subscribers is more than 3 times the combined total of its rivals.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
thePlatform selected for Australia's 'Stan' SVOD
Mar 31, 2015 – thePlatform has announced that it has been selected by Stan, the joint venture between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media, to provide back-end video services for the Australian subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service.
News categories: thePlatform, Stan, Marty Roberts, Mike Sneesby, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
'Stan' S-VOD service coming soon to Australia
Nov 5, 2014 – StreamCo, a joint venture between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media, has unveiled 'Stan', the brand of their subscription video on demand service, launching soon. Stan will be available in HD via TVs, tablets and smart phones.
News categories: Fairfax Media, Nine Entertainment, Mike Sneesby, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Australia's TPG Telecom to launch IPTV in 2015
Sep 24, 2014 – Australian telecommunications provider TPG Telecom has said that it plans to launch a full IPTV service in early 2015.
News categories: TPG Telecom, Craig Levy, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV
Ooyala technology for Foxtel's Presto OTT movie service
Mar 10, 2014 – Ooyala has announced that its technology is to be used by Foxtel's Presto subscription movie service. Presto will soon be available in Australia on PCs and iOS and Android devices.
News categories: Ooyala, Foxtel, Presto, Jay Fulcher, Rick Ellis, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th