Digital TV News: Federal Trade Commission
FTC approves final order requiring Broadcom to cease anticompetitive conduct
Nov 4, 2021 – Following a public comment period, the FTC has approved a final order settling charges that Broadcom illegally monopolized markets for semiconductor components used to deliver TV and broadband services.
News categories: Federal Trade Commission, Digital TV, Regulation, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
FTC charges Broadcom with illegal monopolization
Jul 2, 2021 – The Federal Trade Commission has issued a complaint charging Broadcom with illegally monopolizing markets for semiconductor components used to deliver TV and broadband internet services through exclusive dealing and related conduct.
News categories: Federal Trade Commission, Broadcom, Holly Vedova, CPE, Digital TV, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
Aug 6, 2020 – Digital Citizens Alliance and NAGRA have released a report showing how illegal piracy subscription services in the U.S has grown into a billion-dollar industry providing TV to at least nine million U.S. households.
News categories: Digital Citizens Alliance, NAGRA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
LG launches first OLED TV with webOS
Aug 11, 2014 – LG Electronics has announced the official U.S. launch of its latest OLED TV. The 55-inch class LG Curved OLED TV (Model 55EC9300) is the first OLED TV to feature the LG Smart TV+ webOS connected TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Luke Mothschenbacher, Dave Vanderwaal, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership