Digital TV News: Freeview NZ
MyFreeview|HD™ in New Zealand stores from 11th December
Dec 3, 2008 – With less than four weeks until Christmas, Kiwis around the country are set to benefit from the availability of the first MyFreeview|HD™ approved Digital Television Recorder.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Zinwell, Digital TV, DVR, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
New Zealand digital TV penetration now at 55%
Nov 20, 2008 – NZ On Air has released a report that studies developments in digital broadcasting. As at October 2008, New Zealand's digital penetration (including Sky) stood at 55%, suggesting that the target of 75% penetration by 2012 can be reached.
News categories: NZ On Air, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Terrestrial
New Zealand - Freeview powers past the 160,000 mark
Oct 6, 2008 – Freeview continues its strong growth as the ever expanding channel and HD line-up attracts more New Zealanders. At the end of September 160,496 receivers had been sold, with an additional 37,980 receivers added in the July to September quarter.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Freeview|HD Launches in New Zealand with S&T MHEG-5 Technology
Apr 14, 2008 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has extended its relationship with Freeview New Zealand. S&T's MHEG-5 interactive playout technology has been exclusively deployed for the launch of the new DTT/HD version of the service Freeview|HD™.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Freeview, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
New Zealand - Freeview|HD™ Launch Date Announced
Mar 17, 2008 – Freeview New Zealand has announced that Kiwis' can look forward to HD capable Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) courtesy of the Freeview|HD™ service from 2nd April 2008.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
New Zealand - Freeview On A Roll after Successful 2007
Jan 24, 2008 – Freeview take-up figures continue to climb steadily upwards, a mere eight months since the launch of free-to-air digital television and radio in New Zealand. The total number of households reached is an estimated 78,700 or 5% of all homes.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite
New Zealand Freeview going strong
Nov 15, 2007 – Latest sales figures show more than 21,000 digital satellite receivers have been purchased in the last three months. This takes the total number of households reached to an estimated 62,000, or nearly 4% of all homes.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
New Zealand - Freeview achieves strong household take-up
Aug 13, 2007 – A mere three months after Freeview ushered in a new era in New Zealand broadcasting, take-up figures for the period clearly show New Zealanders are embracing all that free-to-air digital broadcasting provides.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
New Zealand Freeview launches with MHEG-5 Technology from S&T
Jun 19, 2007 – Strategy & Technology (S&T), specialists in interactive TV playout systems and MHEG-5 middleware, is pleased to confirm the successful launch of its EPG application on the new Freeview digital satellite service in New Zealand.
News categories: S&T, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, New Zealand, Satellite, TV Services
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households