Digital TV News: IMPALA
Freeview Australia selects MHEG-5 as its middleware
Jul 20, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview Australia has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive TV middleware for the suite of free-to-air DTT channels that operate under the brand.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview Australia, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
IMPALA welcomes inclusion of MHEG-5 in South Africa DTT trial
Feb 2, 2009 – The International MHEG Promotion Alliance (IMPALA) has confirmed that MHEG-5 is included as part of the recently started DTT trial in South Africa. The DTT trial, which began in November, is designed to test a variety of technical factors.
News categories: IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
MHEG-5 included in Windows® Media Center TV pack update
Oct 9, 2008 – The IMPALA MHEG Promotion Alliance has expressed delight at the recent announcement from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) that it has released an update to the version of Windows® Media Center included with Windows Vista®, which includes support for MHEG-5.
News categories: IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Software, Streaming
Boxer MHEG Announcement Welcomed by IMPALA
Sep 29, 2008 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the recent announcement by Sweden-based pay-TV group Boxer that it has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive middleware to be included in all products marketed to receive its TV packages.
News categories: Boxer, IMPALA, Denmark, Digital TV, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community