Digital TV News: ION Media
Scripps completes acquisition of ION Media
Jan 7, 2021 – Scripps (NASDAQ: SSP) and Black Diamond Capital Management have closed Scripps' acquisition of ION Media Networks. Scripps is combining ION with the Katz networks and Newsy to create a national U.S. TV networks business.
News categories: Scripps, Black Diamond, Adam Symson, Christopher W. Parker, Content Distribution, MandA, USA
U.S. broadcast-only TV homes up 41% in last five years
Sep 11, 2017 – ION Media has commissioned Nielsen to study the growth of U.S. broadcast-only television households and their overall impact in the marketplace. The report’s data shows a steady rise in the number of broadcast-only homes over the last five years, increasing by 41% to 15.8 million households.
News categories: ION Media, Nielsen, Digital TV, Market Research, Terrestrial, USA
ION Media Networks to Upgrade Top 10 Station Markets with Mobile TV Delivery in First Quarter 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – ION Media Networks has announced plans to upgrade its station markets in the first quarter 2011, enabling TV content to be transmitted to mobile devices in the nation's top 10 television markets.
News categories: ION Media, Mobile, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Forms to Accelerate the Availability of Mobile Digital Television Across the U.S.
Sep 8, 2010 – A coalition of leading television broadcasters has announced the formation of the Mobile500 Alliance to accelerate the availability of mobile digital television, or Mobile DTV, service to consumers nationwide.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Mobile, USA
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Samsung Moment™ Mobile Phone to Demonstrate Mobile Digital TV at International CES 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Samsung have announced that Samsung Moment™ will display a mobile phone demonstration of the North American mobile digital TV broadcasting standard during International CES 2010 in Las Vegas on January 7 - 10, 2010.
News categories: Samsung, Sprint, CES2023, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Open Mobile Video Coalition Launching Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Q1 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – A real-world showcase to gauge consumer interest in Mobile Digital Television will begin in the Washington, D.C. area in the first quarter of 2010, with eight local area television stations transmitting to hundreds of mobile devices.
News categories: OMVC, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, USA
ION Media Launches ATSC-M/H in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Jun 29, 2009 – ION Media Networks has announced the launch of its Digital Broadcast 'Triple Play' in New York City and Washington, D.C. The DTV service includes the broadcast of ION Television, in high-definition, two additional digital networks, plus Mobile DTV.
News categories: ION Media Networks, Digital TV, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December