Digital TV News: InPlayer
JW Player acquires subscription and identity management provider InPlayer
Jan 17, 2023 – JW Player is acquiring InPlayer. The acquisition broadens JW Player’s video platform capabilities, helping broadcasters and other video-driven businesses monetize their subscription-based services and by providing audience insights.
News categories: JW Player, InPlayer, Dave Otten, Jeroen Wijering, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Accedo One to preview hybrid monetization for video at IBC
Aug 31, 2022 – Accedo will preview hybrid business model support for Accedo One at IBC. The feature will make it possible for video service providers to launch hybrid business models, supporting both subscription and advertising in one video service.
News categories: Accedo, Johan Alfvén, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2022, UX, Worldwide
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
InPlayer joins Kaltura’s Video Technology Marketplace
Mar 12, 2019 – InPlayer has announced that it has joined the Kaltura Video Technology Marketplace as a Premier Partner. The agreement enables Kaltura to offer InPlayer’s paywall to customers who are looking for pay-per-view or subscription services.
News categories: Kaltura, InPlayer, Liad Eshkar, George Meek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV