Digital TV News: Limelight Networks
Limelight Network cuts workforce by 16%
Mar 18, 2021 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced actions that it is taking to improve execution, profitability and accelerate growth. This has involved reducing the company’s workforce by 16%.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Bob Lyons, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
Oct 14, 2020 – Online video is more popular than ever with the average global viewer watching nearly eight hours (seven hours, 55 minutes) per week, according to a report commissioned by Limelight Networks.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
Sep 22, 2020 – Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that SimulTV has selected its Edge Compute services to help deliver more than 130 live, online channels worldwide. SimulTV's entire workflow now operates inside the Limelight platform.
News categories: Limelight, SimulTV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Serverless computing added to Limelight Edge Platform
Sep 8, 2020 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has expanded its edge capabilities by launching EdgeFunctions, a serverless compute service which allows developers to tap into the power of the company’s global network and gives them the flexibility to deploy and run their own code.
News categories: Limelight, NAGRA, Bob Lento, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Dave McCarthy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
Mar 24, 2020 – Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) has introduced EdgeFunctions, a distributed serverless computing capability. EdgeFunctions allows developers to run code in Limelight's CDN locations, taking advantage of the company's global scale.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Nigel Burmeister, Ghassan Abdo, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Limelight Networks releases State of Online Video 2019 report
Oct 24, 2019 – Around the world, streaming video viewing has reached an all-time high of six hours, 48 minutes a week, with 82% of viewers binge-watching shows online, according to a report from Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW).
News categories: Limelight Networks, Michael Milligan, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Limelight shows sub-second live video streaming and online video innovations at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – At NAB 2019, Limelight (Nasdaq: LLNW) will show Limelight Realtime Streaming, its sub-second live video streaming solution. Limelight will also highlight video delivery services to help maximize advertising revenue from online video and combat piracy of video assets.
News categories: Limelight, Nigel Burmeister, Peder Drege, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Telestream Wirecast integrates Limelight MMD Live video streaming
Apr 4, 2019 – Telestream is integrating Limelight Networks' Multi-device Media Delivery (MMD) Live into its Wirecast live streaming production software. The solution can also work with AdSparx automated ad break detection and server-side ad insertion.
News categories: Telestream, Limelight Networks, AdSparx, Mark Wronski, Stephanie Gaines, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Limelight and Ericsson collaborate on content delivery and edge cloud services
Oct 18, 2018 – Limelight Networks (NASDAQ: LLNW) and Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) are to collaborate on content delivery and edge cloud services. Limelight’s content delivery technology will be deployed on the Ericsson UDN Edge Cloud Platform to expand its delivery capabilities.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Ericsson, Bob Lento, Marcus Bergstrom, Gary Traver, Dan Rayburn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying