Digital TV News: Media Coding Industry Forum
MC-IF initiates moves to create a VVC patent pool
Jul 22, 2020 – The MC-IF is inviting those holding patents (or patent applications) potentially essential to the Versatile Video Codec (VVC) standard to participate in a first meeting to foster the formation of a patent pool.
News categories: MC-IF, Stephan Wenger, Jud Cary, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
MC-IF invites input on VVC interoperability
Jul 15, 2020 – The Media Coding Industry Forum (MC-IF) has welcomed the completion of the Versatile Video Coding (VVC) standard. It is gathering input on which interoperability, testing, and implementation activities are of most interest for VVC.
News categories: MC-IF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
Jul 6, 2020 – Fraunhofer HHI (together with partners including Apple, Ericsson, Intel, Huawei, Microsoft, Qualcomm, and Sony) is celebrating the release and official adoption of the video coding standard H.266/Versatile Video Coding (VVC).
News categories: Fraunhofer HHI, Media Coding Industry Forum, Benjamin Bross, Dr. Detlev Marpe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil