Digital TV News: NBN Co
Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
Aug 12, 2022 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenues in Australia are set to decline in line with continuing losses in Cable TV and DTH subscriptions driven by cord-cutting and the growing popularity of OTT video alternatives.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Australia's NBN chooses Arris for HFC broadband network
Feb 23, 2015 – NBN Co. has chosen ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) to build its next-generation Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial (HFC) broadband network. The project is intended to provide access to high-speed broadband services for homes and businesses across Australia.
News categories: ARRIS Group, NBN Co, Bruce McClelland, Dennis Steiger, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution
NICTA provides TV service in New South Wales broadband network trial
Jun 25, 2010 – NICTA (National ICT Australia) is taking part in the New South Wales National Broadband Network (NBN) technology trial. NICTA is utilising the capabilities of the NBN with an on-demand service to residents which delivers online television content.
News categories: NICTA, Australia, IPTV
Australia releases National Broadband Network Implementation Study
May 6, 2010 – The Australian Government has released the National Broadband Network Implementation Study. The NBN will expand the possibilities for service providers to deliver video services to end users.
News categories: DBCDE, Australia, Content Distribution, IPTV, Regulation, Streaming
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity