Digital TV News: NEC Electronics
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel's chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Worldwide Semiconductor Revenue Rose by More Than $70 Billion in 2010, According to Final Results by Gartner
Apr 18, 2011 – Total worldwide semiconductor revenue reached $299.4 billion in 2010, up $70.7 billion, or 30.9 percent from 2009, the largest dollar increase for the semiconductor industry in any one year, according to Gartner.
News categories: Gartner, Market Research, Semiconductor
2010 Satellite Set Top Box Shipments Down 8% in North American and Western European Regions
Feb 3, 2011 – Shipments of satellite set top boxes declined in 2010 by 8% in both the North American and Western European regions, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Gartner Says Worldwide Semiconductor Revenue Increased 31.5 Percent in 2010 to Exceed $300 Billion
Dec 8, 2010 – After a worldwide economic recession, the semiconductor market rallied in 2010 with worldwide revenue reaching a landmark $300.3 billion in 2010, up 31.5 percent from 2009, according to preliminary results by Gartner (NYSE: IT).
News categories: Gartner, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor
Wireless HD Video-Enabled HDTV's: Playing in a Neighborhood Near You
Sep 20, 2010 – There are significant price and performance issues that need to be overcome before device manufacturers fully adopt wireless HD technology. However, manufacturers are already offering models boasting Wireless HD, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Renesas Electronics plans restructuring
Jul 29, 2010 – Renesas (TSE: 6723) sees the advanced information-communications area, the social- and living-environment areas, and the entertainment area including multimedia and digital consumer electronics, as the company's focused business markets.
News categories: Renesas, Gaming, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Renesas Reports Results for the Year Ended March 31, 2010
May 11, 2010 – Renesas Electronics (TSE: 6723) has announced former NEC Electronics' consolidated financial results for the year ended March 31, 2010. Semiconductors for game consoles dropped significantly and sales of home appliances declined year on year.
News categories: Renesas, Gaming, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Shipments of Network-Enabled Blu-Ray Players/Recorders will approach 80 million units by 2013
Apr 7, 2010 – Price drops of Blu-ray players in North America drove unit shipments to triple in 2009 compared to 2008, reports In-Stat. Worldwide, shipments of Blu-ray players and recorders will grow to nearly 80 million units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Streaming
Viaccess and NEC Electronics Europe collaborate to offer Faster Time-To-Market
Mar 3, 2010 – Viaccess (Paris, NYSE: FTE) and NEC Electronics (TSE:6723) have announced their collaboration to offer Viaccess' conditional access incorporated in NEC Electronics' new EMMA™3SL/P system-on-chip (SoC), targeted at MPEG-4 HD hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: NEC Electronics, Viaccess, Conditional Access, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden