Digital TV News: On Addressability
AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
Feb 24, 2021 – AMC Networks and Omnicom Media Group (OMG) have completed two linear addressable TV campaigns. The campaigns used the On Addressability platform, with spots running on Comcast and Charter cable systems.
News categories: AMC Networks, Omnicom Media Group, Kim Kelleher, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Canoe enables multi-distributor addressable ad campaign for AMC Networks
Nov 11, 2020 – The On Addressability initiative has launched its first multi-distributor, linear addressable TV campaign. AMC Networks and Canoe Ventures worked to enable addressable campaigns as a single order across the On Addressability footprint.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, AMC Networks, On Addressability, Joel Hassell, Kim Kelleher, David Kline, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
On Addressability playbook launched
Sep 14, 2020 – The founding members of On Addressability – Charter’s Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising and Cox Media – have announced the launch of the On Addressability playbook to help the television industry 'turn on' addressability.
News categories: On Addressability, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
Jul 30, 2020 – Discovery has announced that it will join the On Addressability initiative. The initiative enables Discovery to offer advertisers dynamic ad insertion to audiences across the Charter, Comcast and Cox cable TV footprints.
News categories: Discovery, Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising, Cox Media, Keith Kazerman, David Kline, Gina Mingioni, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
AMC Networks partners with On Addressability distribution partners
Jun 10, 2020 – AMC Networks has announced that it has partnered with Charter's Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising and Cox Media to enable addressable capabilities on its own linear and VOD television advertising.
News categories: AMC Networks, Comcast Advertising, Spectrum Reach, Cox Media, Kim Kelleher, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
FreeWheel to provide decisioning platform for ads on Discovery's cable networks
Sep 30, 2019 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced a multi-year agreement under which FreeWheel will provide its unified decisioning platform to enable advertising management for Discovery’s roster of cable networks.
News categories: FreeWheel, Discovery, James Rooke, Keith Kazerman, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
Jun 18, 2019 – Comcast Advertising (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced the launch of an initiative called On Addressability. The broad goal of the initiative is to help the industry deliver an addressable solution that maximizes the impact and value of television as a marketing platform.
News categories: Comcast, Spectrum Reach, Cox Media, NCC Media, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Nicolle Pangis, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
CableLab® Announces Next in Series of Interactive and Advanced Advertising Specifications
Jul 1, 2009 – CableLabs® has announced the issuance of a new set of specifications called the Stewardship and Fulfillment Interfaces (SaFI), created to further the development of cable advertising and other interactive products.
News categories: CableLabs, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, USA
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020