Digital TV News: Open Screen Project
ST-Ericsson and STMicroelectronics to Support Adobe Flash Player 10.1
Feb 15, 2010 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and ST-Ericsson are working with Adobe to accelerate Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 and Adobe AIR® on their chipsets with multimedia and graphics capabilities, used in smartphones and connected digital-home devices.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, ST-Ericsson, Adobe, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Adobe AIR 2 and Flash Player 10.1 Beta Software Now Available
Nov 17, 2009 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced that beta versions of its AIR® 2 and Flash® Player 10.1 software are now available. Flash Player 10.1 is able to use hardware decoding of H.264 video on Windows PCs, netbooks and mobile devices where available.
News categories: Adobe Systems, Media Player, Streaming
Adobe and NVIDIA Announce GPU Acceleration for Flash Player
Jun 2, 2009 – NVIDIA (Nasdaq:NVDA) and Adobe Systems (Nasdaq:ADBE) have announced that they are collaborating as part of the Open Screen Project to optimize GPU video and graphics acceleration to enable Adobe® Flash® Player on a range of mobile Internet devices.
News categories: NVIDIA, Adobe Systems, Open Screen Project, Media Player, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Streaming
Adobe Extends Flash Platform to Digital Home
Apr 20, 2009 – Adobe Systems (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced an optimized implementation of the Adobe® Flash® Platform that delivers high definition (HD) video and rich applications to Internet-connected TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players and other CE devices.
News categories: Adobe Systems, Open Screen Project, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Intel and Adobe to Extend Flash Platform to TVs
Jan 5, 2009 – Adobe® (Nasdaq:ADBE) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have announced plans to collaborate on the development to port and optimize Adobe® Flash® technology for the Intel® Media Processor CE 3100.
News categories: Adobe, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Streaming
Adobe and ARM Accelerate Flash and AIR for ARM Platforms
Nov 17, 2008 – Adobe® Systems (Nasdaq:ADBE) and ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) have announced a technology collaboration to optimize and enable Adobe Flash® Player 10 and Adobe AIR™ for ARM Powered® mobile devices and consumer electronic products.
News categories: Adobe Systems, ARM, Open Screen Project, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
On2 Technologies Unveils New Advanced Video Compression Format
Sep 13, 2008 – On2 (Amex: ONT) has announced the launch of its latest video compression format, On2 VP8. This eighth generation of On2 video is the perfect solution for delivering higher quality video using less data and requiring less system resource for playback.
News categories: On2, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Mobile, Silicon IP, Streaming
OpenTV and Adobe Collaborate To Advance Rich Television Experiences
Sep 10, 2008 – At IBC2008, OpenTV (Nasdaq:OPTV) and Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) have announced that they have agreed to integrate Adobe® Flash® Lite™ into OpenTV's middleware as an additional application environment, complementing OpenTV's standard and HTML offerings.
News categories: OpenTV, Adobe Systems, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads