Digital TV News: OzTAM
IAB Australia appoints Ipsos as digital audience data supplier
Aug 31, 2021 – IAB Australia has appointed Ipsos as the industry's supplier for the planning, buying, and reporting of digital audience measurement data in Australia. The appointment is for a three-year term commencing in Q2 2022 with the launch of Ipsos iris.
News categories: Ipsos, IAB Australia, MFA, OzTAM, Simon Wake, Gai Le Roy, Natalie Stanbury, Sophie Madden, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV
Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
Feb 25, 2021 – At the Future of TV Advertising Sydney forum, OzTAM CEO Doug Peiffer has shared top line test data from Virtual Australia (VOZ), the new all-screen, cross-platform Total TV planning and reporting database.
News categories: OzTAM, Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming
OzTAM adds co-viewing to BVOD reporting
Sep 10, 2020 – OzTAM has introduced CTV co-viewing data to its VPM Report. The enhancement evolves the VPM service from a 1:1 people-to-device measure for BVOD to reflect that people often watch BVOD content together on a CTV.
News categories: OzTAM, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
First Total TV findings released by Virtual Australia (VOZ)
Feb 27, 2020 – In the first stage of a phased rollout, OzTAM, Regional TAM and Nielsen have released top line findings from the new Virtual Australia (VOZ) Total TV database, which brings together broadcast viewing on TV sets and connected devices.
News categories: Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
OzTAM adds demographic profiles to its Video Player Measurement service
Feb 28, 2019 – OzTAM has announced the introduction of demographic profiles to its Video Player Measurement (VPM) service. The enhancement means standard age/gender demographic reporting is now available for content consumed on participating broadcasters’ VOD services.
News categories: OzTAM, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
OzTAM introduces Australia's first all-screen integrated TV database
Jul 30, 2018 – Australia will have an integrated database that will combine broadcast viewing on TV sets and connected devices, and support advanced audience targeting, with the launch of OzTAM’s new service, Virtual Australia (VOZ) in 2019.
News categories: OzTAM, Nielsen, Doug Peiffer, David Ellem, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV
Australian Video Viewing Report released
Mar 5, 2018 – The latest Australian Video Viewing Report, spanning the year through Q4 2017, builds on the continuing story of how Australians are embracing opportunities to watch video on an ever-increasing array of options.
News categories: Regional TAM, OzTAM, Nielsen, Dave Walker, Doug Peiffer, Craig Johnson, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Yospace and Seven agree dynamic ad insertion deal for live OTT channels
Feb 8, 2018 – Yospace and Seven have made a long-term agreement for enabling Dynamic Ad Insertion into live OTT channels. Yospace’s platform allows Seven to open up online ad breaks in live OTT streams in a way that is as seamless to the viewer.
News categories: Yospace, Seven, David Springall, Clive Dickens, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
Video viewing in Australia continues to diversify
Oct 30, 2017 – The Q2 (April-June) 2017 Australian Video Viewing Report – from Regional TAM, OzTAM and Nielsen – reveals that people are continuing to take advantage of the nearly infinite choice in video content and the means of accessing it.
News categories: Nielsen, OzTAM, Regional TAM, Craig Johnson, Doug Peiffer, Tony Hogarth, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports