Digital TV News: Prasar Bharati
India to fund distribution of 800,000 free DD satellite STBs
Jan 4, 2023 – India's government has approved a proposal to provide infrastructure development support to Prasar Bharati. The Scheme includes free distribution of over 8 lakh DD Free Dish STBs to people living in remote, tribal, LWE and border areas.
News categories: Prasar Bharati, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
NextGen Broadcast technology demonstrated at conclave in New Delhi
Jun 2, 2022 – A Conclave on 'Direct to Mobile and 5G Broadband - Convergence Roadmap for India' took place in New Delhi on June 1, 2022. The conclave demonstrated NextGen Broadcast technology on smart phones and other smart devices.
News categories: IIT Kanpur, TSDSI, Saankhya Labs, Prasar Bharati, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Prof Abhay Karandikar, NG Subramaniam, Ms Pamela Kumar, Parag Naik, Shashi Shekhar Vempati, Dr. PD Vaghela, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
India adds 610,000 active DTH subscribers in 1Q 2015
Aug 12, 2015 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released telecom indicators for the quarter ending 31st March, 2015. At the end of the period, the total numbers of registered and active DTH subscribers were 76.05 million & 41.15 million respectively.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
India registers 2.75 million additional DTH subscribers in 2Q 2014
Nov 7, 2014 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released telecoms statistics for the second quarter. The total number of DTH subscribers was 67.57 million registered and 38.24 million active at 30th June 2014.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Prasar Bharati will offer TV on mobile from May
Mar 24, 2007 – Having shelved its ambitious car television project, Prasar Bharati is pinning its hopes on mobile TV now. More …
News categories: Digital TV, India, Mobile
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029