Digital TV News: Pulse~LINK
HANA Employs New 1394 Over Coax International Standard for HD Home Networking
Aug 19, 2008 – The High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance (HANA) has announced its plans to release a HANA Entertainment Box reference design based on the new 1394 Over Coax international standard from the 1394 Trade Association.
News categories: High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance, 1394 Trade Association, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
1394 Trade Association Introduces First Global Standard for Networking Entertainment Devices Over Coaxial Cable
Aug 4, 2008 – The 1394 Trade Association has announced the adoption of the first global standard for networking digital content over coaxial cables using Ultra Wideband (UWB) communications.
News categories: 1394 Trade Association, Pulse~LINK, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Pulse-LINK Showcases Whole-Home HD Video Distribution with Ethernet-Over-Coax at The Cable Show
May 15, 2008 – At The Cable Show 2008, Pulse~LINK will demonstrate the advantages of its CWave® UWB Ethernet-Over-Coax solution for whole-home HD video distribution which provides a cost effective method to deploy whole-home DVR functionality.
News categories: Pulse~LINK, DVR, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Industry Creates HomeGrid Forum to Develop Technology for Enjoying Multimedia Anywhere in the Home
Apr 29, 2008 – Infineon Technologies, Intel Corporation, Panasonic and Texas Instruments have announced the creation of HomeGrid Forum, which aims to promote and influence a single, next-generation worldwide standard for networking digital content.
News categories: HomeGrid Forum, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Gefen and Pulse~LINK Introduce the World's First Consumer HDMI Over Coax Product for High Definition Video Connectivity Throughout the Home
Jan 4, 2008 – Gefen and Pulse~LINK have introduced the world's first consumer electronics product that incorporates Pulse~LINK's CWave® UWB HDMI-Over-Coax technology.
News categories: Pulse~LINK, Gefen, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home
HANA Demonstrates Integrated Home HD Networking at CES 2008
Jan 3, 2008 – The High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance (HANA) has announced that it will host a four-room "HANA Home" demonstration of its HD home networking solution at the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show, January 7-10 in Las Vegas.
News categories: High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance, CES2023, Smart Home
Westinghouse Digital and Pulse~LINK Unveil the World's First Fully Integrated Wireless HDTV at CES 2008
Jan 3, 2008 – Westinghouse Digital and Pulse~LINK have introduced the world's first fully integrated wireless HDTV. The HD LCD TV, featuring Pulse~LINK's integrated CWave® UWB Wireless HDMI technology, will be on display for the first time at the 2008 International CES.
News categories: Pulse~LINK, Westinghouse Digital, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Standards Battle Brewing In Wireless Interconnectivity
Aug 15, 2007 – With the promise of entirely wireless interconnections for PCs, standards and technology battles are looming, reports In-Stat. Most digital interconnects are first adopted in PCs and then by consumer electronics (CE), the high-tech market research firm says. "Like USB vs. 1394, the outcome of the battle between ultra wide band (UWB) solutions will be determined by the PC platform" says Qasim Inam, In-Stat analyst.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers