Digital TV News: RTÉNL
RTÉ Ireland Chooses Eutelsat's KA-SAT for its 'SAORSAT' Free to Air Digital Service
Mar 13, 2012 – Ireland's national broadcaster, RTÉ, has chosen Eutelsat's (Paris: ETL) KA-SAT to ensure that all homes in the Irish Republic will be able to benefit from free digital reception of the RTÉ public service television and radio channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, RTÉNL, SAORSAT, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite
Ireland announces Digital Television switch-on
Oct 29, 2010 – The government of Ireland has announced that the RTE Digital Terrestrial Television service is now available to 90% of the Irish population. The Digital Television service has launched from 24 sites around the country on a trial basis.
News categories: RTÉ, SAORVIEW, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Broadcasting Authority of Ireland Statement on Commercial DTT Multiplex Licensing Process
Aug 5, 2010 – The Authority considers that it will not be feasible to introduce commercial DTT until after Analogue Switch Off at the earliest. A competition could potentially be held during 2012 with a view to commercial DTT being operational in 2013.
News categories: Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, RTÉNL, Content Distribution, Ireland, Terrestrial
RTÉ Irish free to air DTT service set to launch to 90% of population by October 31st 2010
Jun 3, 2010 – Ireland's Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources has signed an Order requiring RTÉ to ensure that their free to air digital TV service is operational and available to 90% of the population by 31st October 2010.
News categories: RTÉ, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
MPEG-4 chosen for Irish Digital Terrestrial TV
Jul 31, 2008 – Communications Minister Eamon Ryan has announced that Ireland's first DTT trial will end on August 1st, 2008. The Minister announced the results of the trial, the technology chosen for digital TV in Ireland and a timeline for national rollout.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development