Digital TV News: RTÉNL
RTÉ Ireland Chooses Eutelsat's KA-SAT for its 'SAORSAT' Free to Air Digital Service
Mar 13, 2012 – Ireland's national broadcaster, RTÉ, has chosen Eutelsat's (Paris: ETL) KA-SAT to ensure that all homes in the Irish Republic will be able to benefit from free digital reception of the RTÉ public service television and radio channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, RTÉNL, SAORSAT, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite
Ireland announces Digital Television switch-on
Oct 29, 2010 – The government of Ireland has announced that the RTE Digital Terrestrial Television service is now available to 90% of the Irish population. The Digital Television service has launched from 24 sites around the country on a trial basis.
News categories: RTÉ, SAORVIEW, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Broadcasting Authority of Ireland Statement on Commercial DTT Multiplex Licensing Process
Aug 5, 2010 – The Authority considers that it will not be feasible to introduce commercial DTT until after Analogue Switch Off at the earliest. A competition could potentially be held during 2012 with a view to commercial DTT being operational in 2013.
News categories: Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, RTÉNL, Content Distribution, Ireland, Terrestrial
RTÉ Irish free to air DTT service set to launch to 90% of population by October 31st 2010
Jun 3, 2010 – Ireland's Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources has signed an Order requiring RTÉ to ensure that their free to air digital TV service is operational and available to 90% of the population by 31st October 2010.
News categories: RTÉ, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
MPEG-4 chosen for Irish Digital Terrestrial TV
Jul 31, 2008 – Communications Minister Eamon Ryan has announced that Ireland's first DTT trial will end on August 1st, 2008. The Minister announced the results of the trial, the technology chosen for digital TV in Ireland and a timeline for national rollout.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers