Digital TV News: Royal Philips Electronics
Dolby and Philips Unveil 3D HD Format Capable of Bringing Full HD 3D to Glasses-Free 3D Devices
Apr 12, 2012 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) and Philips (NYSE: PHG; AEX: PHI) have unveiled Dolby® 3D, a 3D HD format and suite of technologies designed to deliver full HD 3D content to 3D-enabled devices, including glasses-free displays.
News categories: Dolby, Philips, Metaverse, NABShow, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Philips and TPV sign agreement on Television joint venture
Nov 1, 2011 – Philips (NYSE:PHG, AEX:PHI) has announced that it has signed the agreement to transfer its Television business into a joint venture with TPV Technology Limited (0903.HK). The new company will be 70% owned by TPV and 30% by Philips.
News categories: Philips, TPV Technology, MandA, Smart TV
'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative' Adds Support from Four Global TV Manufacturers
Aug 30, 2011 – Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and XPAND 3D have announced that Royal Philips Electronics, Sharp Corporation, TCL Corporation and Toshiba Corporation have expressed support for the activities of the 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative'.
News categories: Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative, Metaverse, Smart TV
Royal Philips Electronics Adopts MediaTek's LED TV IC Solutions
Aug 30, 2011 – MediaTek (Taipei: 2454) has announced that Royal Philips Electronics (Amsterdam: PHIA) has selected one of its energy saving LED TV ICs.
News categories: MediaTek, Philips, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Philips and TPV to create strong global Television company
Apr 18, 2011 – Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE:PHG, AEX:PHI) has announced that it has entered into a term sheet to transfer its Television business into a joint venture with TPV Technology (0903.HK) as part of a long-term strategic partnership.
News categories: Philips Electronics, TPV Technology, MandA, Smart TV
Philips shows 3D over existing infrastructures with 3D IPTV, 3D VoD and 3D on Bluray demos at IBC 2008
Sep 10, 2008 – Philips (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) will demonstrate 3D IPTV, 3D VoD and 3D on Blu-ray at IBC 2008. Each of the three demos will show how the company's 2D-plus-Depth content format can be distributed easily over existing infrastructures.
News categories: Philips, Blu-ray, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Metaverse
Pace plc Interim results for the half year ended 30 June 2008
Jul 28, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced its interim results for the half year to 30 June 2008. Volume shipments were up 55% to 2.8m set-top boxes compared with 1.8m in the same six months of 2007.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
BT awards set-top box contract to Pace
May 13, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has been awarded a new contract by BT (LSE: BT.A)(NYSE: BT) for its next-generation V-box. This contract follows BT's previous contract with the set-top box division of Royal Philips Electronics, recently acquired by Pace.
News categories: Pace plc, BT Vision, Neil Gaydon, Dan Marks, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Philips announces completion of sale of Set-Top Boxes and Connectivity Solutions businesses to Pace Micro Technology of the UK
Apr 21, 2008 – Royal Philips Electronics (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) has announced that it has completed the sale of its Set-Top Boxes (STB) and Connectivity Solutions (CS) businesses to U.K.-based technology provider Pace Micro Technology (FTSE: PIC).
News categories: Pace Micro, Royal Philips Electronics, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data