Digital TV News: Royal Philips Electronics
Dolby and Philips Unveil 3D HD Format Capable of Bringing Full HD 3D to Glasses-Free 3D Devices
Apr 12, 2012 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) and Philips (NYSE: PHG; AEX: PHI) have unveiled Dolby® 3D, a 3D HD format and suite of technologies designed to deliver full HD 3D content to 3D-enabled devices, including glasses-free displays.
News categories: Dolby, Philips, NABShow, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, VR
Philips and TPV sign agreement on Television joint venture
Nov 1, 2011 – Philips (NYSE:PHG, AEX:PHI) has announced that it has signed the agreement to transfer its Television business into a joint venture with TPV Technology Limited (0903.HK). The new company will be 70% owned by TPV and 30% by Philips.
News categories: Philips, TPV Technology, MandA, Smart TV
'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative' Adds Support from Four Global TV Manufacturers
Aug 30, 2011 – Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and XPAND 3D have announced that Royal Philips Electronics, Sharp Corporation, TCL Corporation and Toshiba Corporation have expressed support for the activities of the 'Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative'.
News categories: Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative, Smart TV, VR
Royal Philips Electronics Adopts MediaTek's LED TV IC Solutions
Aug 30, 2011 – MediaTek (Taipei: 2454) has announced that Royal Philips Electronics (Amsterdam: PHIA) has selected one of its energy saving LED TV ICs.
News categories: MediaTek, Philips, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Philips and TPV to create strong global Television company
Apr 18, 2011 – Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE:PHG, AEX:PHI) has announced that it has entered into a term sheet to transfer its Television business into a joint venture with TPV Technology (0903.HK) as part of a long-term strategic partnership.
News categories: Philips Electronics, TPV Technology, MandA, Smart TV
Philips shows 3D over existing infrastructures with 3D IPTV, 3D VoD and 3D on Bluray demos at IBC 2008
Sep 10, 2008 – Philips (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) will demonstrate 3D IPTV, 3D VoD and 3D on Blu-ray at IBC 2008. Each of the three demos will show how the company's 2D-plus-Depth content format can be distributed easily over existing infrastructures.
News categories: Philips, Blu-ray, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, VR
Pace plc Interim results for the half year ended 30 June 2008
Jul 28, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced its interim results for the half year to 30 June 2008. Volume shipments were up 55% to 2.8m set-top boxes compared with 1.8m in the same six months of 2007.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
BT awards set-top box contract to Pace
May 13, 2008 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has been awarded a new contract by BT (LSE: BT.A)(NYSE: BT) for its next-generation V-box. This contract follows BT's previous contract with the set-top box division of Royal Philips Electronics, recently acquired by Pace.
News categories: Pace plc, BT Vision, Neil Gaydon, Dan Marks, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Philips announces completion of sale of Set-Top Boxes and Connectivity Solutions businesses to Pace Micro Technology of the UK
Apr 21, 2008 – Royal Philips Electronics (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) has announced that it has completed the sale of its Set-Top Boxes (STB) and Connectivity Solutions (CS) businesses to U.K.-based technology provider Pace Micro Technology (FTSE: PIC).
News categories: Pace Micro, Royal Philips Electronics, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, MandA, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor