Digital TV News: StarGroup
StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
Mar 15, 2023 – StarGroup has once again selected Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) for StarTV, its DTH pay-TV service. StarTV will continue to benefit from the coverage of Mexico at 117° West.
News categories: Eutelsat, StarGroup, José Ignacio González-Núñez, Jose Aguirre, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
Irdeto security selected for Mexico's StarTV
Dec 11, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that StarGroup, a telecommunication service provider in Mexico, has selected Irdeto to secure the distribution of content to its 100,000 pay TV subscribers. StarGroup will use Irdeto Cloaked CA to secure its StarTV satellite service.
News categories: Irdeto, StarGroup, Paul Ragland, Bruno Pruneda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
EUTELSAT 117 West B all-electric satellite now in commercial service
Jan 16, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 117 West B satellite has entered into full commercial service and is now ready to support customers across Latin America.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
EUTELSAT 65 West A satellite goes live at 65° West
May 2, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 65 West A satellite is now fully powered up and ready for service across Brazil and Latin America. The satellite inaugurates Eutelsat’s presence at 65°W, a premier location for broadcasting in Brazil.
News categories: Eutelsat, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
StarTV launches satellite pay TV in Mexico with Eutelsat
Dec 7, 2015 – StarTV has announced the launch of its Direct-to-Home pay-TV service in Mexico. The new platform will start later this month in the Mexican state of Zacatecas and other parts of the country, replacing the TVZac platform that has been available regionally through microwave distribution.
News categories: Eutelsat, Stargroup, Patricio Northland, Julio Di-Bella, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027