Digital TV News: T-Mobile Austria
T-Mobile Austria and UPC Austria merge to form Magenta Telekom
May 7, 2019 – T-Mobile Austria and UPC Austria have merged to form Magenta Telekom. The Deutsche Telekom subsidiary will market its services under the Magenta retail brand, while retaining the T logo as its corporate brand.
News categories: Magenta Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
The number of cable homes in Europe grew once again in 2017
Nov 7, 2018 – The number of cable homes in Europe once again grew in 2017, reaching 69.2 million and comprising 36.3% of all TV households. This was the largest number of cable homes in Europe since 2009 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
EU approves acquisition of UPC Austria by T-Mobile Austria
Jul 9, 2018 – The European Commission has approved unconditionally the proposed acquisition of UPC Austria by T-Mobile Austria. The Commission concluded that the transaction would raise no competition concerns as the companies' activities and assets are largely complementary.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile Austria, UPC Austria, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
T-Mobile Austria acquires UPC Austria
Dec 22, 2017 – T-Mobile Austria has announced the acquisition of UPC Austria, an indirect subsidiary of Liberty Global. The combined company will be an integrated provider of mobile and fixed line broadband internet, IoT, mobile and fixed line telephony as well as TV and entertainment products in Austria.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile Austria, UPC Austria, Srini Gopalan, Andreas Bierwirth, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying