Digital TV News: TANDBERG Television
Net Insight receives order for Digital Terrestrial TV network in Poland
Jul 16, 2010 – Net Insight (STO: NETI B) has received a significant order to build the new nationwide media network for Emitel in Poland. Net Insight won this order in partnership with Ericsson Poland (NASDAQ:ERIC).
News categories: Net Insight, Ericsson, Emitel, Telewizja Polska, Content Distribution, Poland, Terrestrial
S&T prepares broadcasters for next-generation interactive TV at IBC
Sep 4, 2009 – Strategy & Technology is launching the MHEG Presenter 2 product suite at IBC, which builds on the existing support for digital teletext and other information services with new modules for Video on Demand (VoD) support.
News categories: S&T, IBC2019, MHEG-5, Middleware
CableLab® Announces Next in Series of Interactive and Advanced Advertising Specifications
Jul 1, 2009 – CableLabs® has announced the issuance of a new set of specifications called the Stewardship and Fulfillment Interfaces (SaFI), created to further the development of cable advertising and other interactive products.
News categories: CableLabs, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, USA
AORA Uses TANDBERG Television Encoding for 50+ Channel DTH in Indonesia
Jun 16, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) has announced that Indonesia's newest Pay TV service provider, AORA, has selected TANDBERG Television encoders and multiplexing for over 50 channels of SD content, which are broadcast in MPEG-4 AVC over satellite.
News categories: TANDBERG, AORA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
VTC Selects TANDBERG Television for HD and SD Playout to DTT and Satellite
Jun 15, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) has announced that Vietnam Multimedia (VTC) has selected TANDBERG to provide the encoding, multiplexing and modulation for 10 HD and 32 SD channels that are simultaneously played out over DTH and DTT networks.
News categories: TANDBERG, Vietnam Multimedia, Content Distribution, Satellite, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Avinity Systems and Neotion bring interactive applications to CI Plus TVs
May 25, 2009 – Avinity Systems and Neotion have integrated their offerings to bring applications such as VoD navigation, interactive ads and accessing web video to TV sets with CI Plus capability, without the need for a separate two way Set Top Box.
News categories: Neotion, Avinity Systems, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TANDBERG Television Boosts Economics of Cable VOD, Broadcast TV and Broadband
May 21, 2009 – Visitors to TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) at ANGA Cable can see solutions that improve the economics of delivering cable services, including the world's most powerful and high density MPEG-2 SD broadcast encoder and a Direct-to-TV VOD solution.
News categories: TANDBERG, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution
Harmonic is Top MPEG Encoder Supplier by Number of Streams in 2008
May 12, 2009 – New research from In-Stat identifies Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) as the top MPEG encoder supplier, when counting the number of streams supplied in 2008. Harmonic, with 28% of streams supplied in the market, is followed closely by Tandberg (NASDAQ:ERIC).
News categories: In-Stat, Content Distribution, Market Research
North State Communications Selects TANDBERG Encoding and Transcoding for IPTV Headend
Apr 20, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) has announced that its iPlex™ IPTV video processing platform has been selected by North State Communications for its new IPTV headend.
News categories: TANDBERG Television, North State Communications, Content Distribution, IPTV, USA
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature