Digital TV News: The Trade Desk
OTT players in SE Asia announce support for Unified ID 2.0
Dec 9, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that the Unified ID 2.0 initiative has expanded into SE Asia with its adoption by leading OTT platforms in the region. Unified ID 2.0 is a privacy-conscious identifier built from hashed and encrypted email addresses.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Bihao Pan, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming
Almost half of Brits plan to stream more TV this Christmas
Dec 8, 2021 – Almost one in two Brits (48%) have revealed they are planning to watch a lot more TV via streaming over the Christmas holidays, compared to usual. That’s according to research commissioned by adtech company, The Trade Desk.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Phil Duffield, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
The Trade Desk collaborates with Samsung Ads in India
Sep 8, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced a collaboration with Samsung Ads in India. Through The Trade Desk’s platform, Indian marketers will have access to CTV inventory on Samsung TV Plus.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Samsung, Tejinder Gill, Prabhvir Sahmey, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, Streaming
Channel 4 launches real-time bidding on All 4
Aug 23, 2021 – Channel 4 has launched All 4 Private Marketplace, enabling brands to buy digital advertising space around All 4's 14,500 hours of premium content via private programmatic auction for the first time.
News categories: Channel 4, Verica Djurdjevic, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Conviva and The Trade Desk provide content context for programmatic ad buyers
Jul 29, 2021 – Conviva and The Trade Desk have partnered to help publishers supply programmatic buyers with the network, genre, rating, length and other content data lacking in the streaming industry while still maintaining data control.
News categories: Conviva, The Trade Desk, Keith Zubchevich, Michelle Hulst, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ucfunnel adopts Unified ID 2.0
Jul 15, 2021 – Programmatic solution provider, ucfunnel, has adopted Unified ID 2.0, an industry-wide approach to internet identity. ucfunnel partners with Smart TVs powered by MediaTek and with CTV portal company NetRange.
News categories: ucfunnel, The Trade Desk, Ryan Chou, Douglas Choy, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Nearly half of American TV viewers already cordless
Jun 29, 2021 – Cordless TV consumers are on track to become the predominant TV consumer in the next year, according to the fourth Future of TV survey of more than 4,000 U.S. adults by The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, Tim Sims, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – Tubi has announced that it will be the first CTV publisher to implement Unified ID 2.0, the new industry-wide approach to internet identity that preserves the value of relevant advertising across digital ecosystems.
News categories: Tubi, Mark Rotblat, Tim Sims, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope