Digital TV News: The Trade Desk
NBCUniversal extends capabilities of One Platform technology stack
Feb 8, 2023 – NBCUniversal (NBCU) has unveiled expanded capabilities for its One Platform technology stack. NBCU is partnering industrywide to build an automated, interactive, and transparent future for fans, storytellers and marketers.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Steve Wozniak, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Streaming dominates UK television landscape
Sep 23, 2022 – Streaming is more popular than ever among all age groups, reaching 73% of Brits, according to research by The Trade Desk. The rise of streaming in the UK is driven by viewers in the 18- to 34-year-old age group.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Dave Castell, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Disney Advertising expands deal with The Trade Desk
Jul 12, 2022 – Disney Advertising and The Trade Desk have reached an agreement to enable the integration of Disney's Audience Graph with the open-source identity framework, Unified ID 2.0, within a secure environment.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Rita Ferro, Tim Sims, Aaron LaBerge, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
Jul 4, 2022 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has implemented Unified ID 2.0 on its international service. The new identifier works in most omnichannel environments, including OTT and CTV.
News categories: The Trade Desk, iQIYI, Doug Choy, Frankie Fu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
More than one in three viewers in Southeast Asia stream OTT
Feb 28, 2022 – A third (34%) of Southeast Asian viewers are now streaming over-the-top (OTT), according to a new study by The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD). The research also shows that the region welcomed 20 million new OTT viewers in the past year.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Mitch Waters, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
OTT players in SE Asia announce support for Unified ID 2.0
Dec 9, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that the Unified ID 2.0 initiative has expanded into SE Asia with its adoption by leading OTT platforms in the region. Unified ID 2.0 is a privacy-conscious identifier built from hashed and encrypted email addresses.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Bihao Pan, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming
Almost half of Brits plan to stream more TV this Christmas
Dec 8, 2021 – Almost one in two Brits (48%) have revealed they are planning to watch a lot more TV via streaming over the Christmas holidays, compared to usual. That’s according to research commissioned by adtech company, The Trade Desk.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Phil Duffield, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
The Trade Desk collaborates with Samsung Ads in India
Sep 8, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced a collaboration with Samsung Ads in India. Through The Trade Desk’s platform, Indian marketers will have access to CTV inventory on Samsung TV Plus.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Samsung, Tejinder Gill, Prabhvir Sahmey, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, Streaming
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania