Digital TV News: Vidgo
Sony enters into live streaming deal with Vidgo
Mar 8, 2023 – Sony and Vidgo are bringing Vidgo's streaming service to Sony smart TVs in the US. Vidgo's lineup of TV networks and on-demand content will be available through the Vidgo app on the Sony TV homepage.
News categories: Vidgo, Sony, Derek Mattsson, Paul Erickson, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
Jan 23, 2020 – Tulix and Vidgo have given details of their technology platform for live sports streaming and other premium channels. Vidgo is a direct-to-consumer TV provider focusing on content acquisition and product marketing. Tulix provides the underlying technology.
News categories: Tulix, Vidgo, George Bokuchava, Shane Cannon, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
Jan 14, 2020 – Vidgo has launched an OTT service powered by a live streaming platform from Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT). The service boasts more than 100 premium channels including ABC, Comedy Central, ESPN, Fox, and the NFL Network as well as a Latino package for Spanish-speaking viewers.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Eric Armstrong, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Vidgo selects Float Left for vMVPD service app design
Apr 10, 2018 – Vidgo has selected Float Left as their technology partner in delivering their premium vMVPD service across all major platforms such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Web, and iOS and Android Mobile.
News categories: Float Left, Vidgo, Tom Schaeffer, Shane Cannon, Apps, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Vidgo chooses Harmonic to power next-generation OTT services
Apr 8, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Vidgo will launch its next-generation OTT services powered by the Harmonic VOS media processing platform. Vidgo is set to introduce its OTT services for the United States market later this year.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Tim Warren, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.