Digital TV News: WRAL-TV
PBS North Carolina launches NEXTGEN TV broadcasting
Mar 22, 2021 – PBS North Carolina has announced that they are now broadcasting NEXTGEN TV (ATSC 3.0) over their channels in the Raleigh-Durham region. WUNC-TV channel 4.11 has been added to the CBC NEXTGEN TV broadcast.
News categories: PBS North Carolina, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
Mar 19, 2018 – ENENSYS has announced that its ATSCheduler – ATSC3.0 Broadcast Gateway - was successfully used in the recent live Next Gen TV showcase by WRAL-TV, NBC Universal and NAB. The technology has also been deployed in several other US trials and by broadcasters in Korea.
News categories: ENENSYS, WRAL, Richard Lhermitte, Pete Sockett, Apps, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, NABShow, USA
WRAL-TV uses ATEME compression for ATSC 3.0 Winter Games transmission
Feb 22, 2018 – ATEME has announced that WRAL-TV has tested TITAN compression as part of public demonstrations of the ATSC 3.0 TV standard. The partners worked together to broadcast 4K ultra HD video using LDM technology and showcase new interactive applications.
News categories: ATEME, WRAL-TV, Walid Hamri, Jimmy Goodmon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Keepixo enables WRAL-TV ATSC 3.0 TV station
Jul 5, 2016 – Keepixo has announced that it is taking part in the launch of WRAL-TV's ATSC 3.0 TV station by providing its DASH Packager which enables Internet Protocol (IP) based delivery of media content as specified in the new standard.
News categories: Keepixo, WRAL-TV, Jerome Blanc, Pete Sockett, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Harmonic powers WRAL-TV ATSC 3.0 trial TV station
Jun 29, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that WRAL-TV in Raleigh-Durham is testing the next-generation ATSC 3.0 broadcast television standard in 4K/UHD and HD with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG) using Harmonic broadcast encoders.
News categories: Harmonic, WRAL-TV, Doug Triblehorn, Pete Sockett, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics