Digital TV News: shomi
shomi to shut down on November 30, 2016
Sep 26, 2016 – shomi has announced that the streaming service will be shutting down operations as of November 30, 2016.
News categories: shomi, David Asch, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
shomi selects ThinkAnalytics personalized search and recommendations
Sep 1, 2016 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its recommendations engine has been selected by Canadian SVOD leader shomi. shomi believes the combination of an elegant user interface and personalized recommendations will distance it from rivals.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, shomi, Peter Docherty, Ann Tebo, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Young Canadians embrace streaming, abandon live TV
Mar 16, 2016 – The way in which Canadians are watching television is changing, with Millennials leading the way in the adoption of streamed content, a new Canada-wide Insights West poll has found.
News categories: Insights West, Mario Canseco, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
Rogers launches 4K TV and 4K set top box
Oct 5, 2015 – Rogers has announced the launch of 4K ready gigabit internet speeds, a new 4K set top box, Rogers 4K TV and the world's largest commitment to live broadcasting in 4K with HDR. Rogers will also introduce high dynamic range (HDR) in April 2016.
News categories: Rogers, shomi, Netflix, Guy Laurence, Scott Moore, David Asch, Bill Holmes, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Rogers TV subscribers down 8,000 in 4Q 2014
Jan 29, 2015 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2014. Television revenue decreased by 2% in the quarter as a result of the decline in television subscribers.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers
Canada's Rogers and Shaw launch 'shomi' subscription VOD service
Aug 26, 2014 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have launched shomi, a subscription VOD service. Available initially on tablet, mobile, online, Xbox 360 and set top boxes, shomi will launch in beta first to Rogers and Shaw Internet or TV customers.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, shomi, Keith Pelley, Barbara Williams, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania