Digital TV News: Antonio Arantes
EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
Oct 12, 2020 – The smart home market in EMEA declined 7.2% in the second quarter of 2020, compared to the same period of the previous year, according to IDC. The market accounted for 20.287 million units between April and June.
News categories: IDC, Antonio Arantes, Jan Prenosil, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
Google leads European Smart Home market in 1Q19
Jul 1, 2019 – In the first quarter of this year, the smart home market in Europe grew 23.9%, reaching 21.3 million units shipped to the region, according to IDC. Video entertainment devices shipped 12.7 million units in 1Q19, increasing 11.2% annually.
News categories: IDC, Antonio Arantes, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Record 7.5 million smart speakers shipped in Europe in 4Q18
Apr 11, 2019 – According to IDC, in the fourth quarter of 2018, the smart home market in Europe reached almost 33 million units, representing 15.1% growth annually. Video entertainment devices shipped 19 million units in the quarter.
News categories: IDC, Antonio Arantes, Jan Prenosil, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Smart speaker sales explode in EMEA in 3Q 2018
Dec 20, 2018 – According to IDC, the smart home market in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa grew 31.4% in 3Q18, reaching 23.6 million units shipped. All product categories posted double-digit growth, with smart speakers growing 116.7% in the quarter.
News categories: IDC, António Arantes, Europe, Market Research, Middle-East, Smart Home
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community