Digital TV News: Belinda Chan
PCCW Media selects Viaccess-Orca for Euro 2020 'Watch Party' playback
Jul 6, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the VO Secure Player is enabling PCCW Media to offer a 'Watch Party' feature for its Now TV customers during the ongoing UEFA EURO 2020 football tournament.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, PCCW, Dokyung Lee, Belinda Chan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Media Player, UX
Viaccess-Orca 5G-compatible VR player deployed by PCCW Media
Jul 23, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that its secure video player, supporting the delivery of virtual reality (VR) and 8K video over 5G networks, has been deployed by PCCW Media for its new VR content.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, PCCW, Philippe Lasry, Belinda Chan, 5G, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Media Player, VR
PCCW Media selects Harmonic media processing SaaS
Apr 7, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that PCCW Media is using Harmonic's VOS Cluster SaaS for its Now TV, now Player and Now E services. VOS Cluster cloud-native media processing speeds up time to market for new services.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW, Tony Berthaud, Belinda Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, NABShow, Streaming
Amino secures software licensing contract with PCCW Media
Aug 16, 2016 – Amino has secured a software licensing contract to provide its Enable TV device software to PCCW Media in Hong Kong to support its drive to deliver new 4K UHD experiences via a new service of its Now TV.
News categories: Amino, PCCW Media, Donald McGarva, Belinda Chan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service