Digital TV News: Bill Carr
Amazon teams with Samsung, Warner, Lionsgate and others on 4K Ultra HD
Jan 6, 2014 – Amazon Instant Video has announced that it is working with the world’s leading consumer electronics companies, top Hollywood studios and TV programmers to offer customers a premium 4K Ultra HD experience.
News categories: Amazon, Bill Carr, Kyungshik Lee, Ron Sanders, Jim Packer, Mike Dunn, Digital TV, Streaming
Amazon VoD Launches High Definition Movies and TV Episodes
Apr 21, 2009 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that customers can rent box-office favorites and purchase top TV shows in HD from Amazon Video On Demand. Customers can select from more than 500 HD TV shows and movies from major studios and networks.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Panasonic Creates Ultimate HDTV and Blu-ray Entertainment Devices With Amazon Video On Demand
Jan 7, 2009 – Panasonic has announced a collaborative relationship that adds Amazon Video On Demand to Panasonic's line of 2009 VIERA CAST ® enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray devices.
News categories: Panasonic, Amazon, Blu-ray, CES2022, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform