Digital TV News: Blair Miller
TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
Aug 15, 2019 – TELUS has launched TELUS Home Assistant, a Google Assistant-based platform that gives Optik TV customers the freedom to control their entertainment experience hands-free using voice commands, at no extra cost.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
TELUS first in Canada with 24/7 linear 4K HDR channel
Aug 9, 2018 – TELUS has announced the debut of Travelxp 4K HDR, a global travel and lifestyle channel, marking the first time a network broadcasting 24/7 in 4K HDR is available in Canada.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV
Ericsson MediaFirst TV platform selected by TELUS
Dec 20, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by TELUS to power its next-generation TV service. The Ericsson MediaFirst TV Platform is an end-to-end media platform for the creation, management, and delivery of next-generation Pay TV.
News categories: Ericsson, TELUS, Angel Ruiz, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
YouTube now available on TELUS 4K boxes
Oct 2, 2017 – TELUS has announced that YouTube will be accessible on all Optik TV 4K digital boxes. YouTube on Optik TV is specifically designed for a big screen viewing experience, with easy-to-discover content and access to HD and 4K videos.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
TELUS selects Mediamorph to streamline programmer fee calculations and processing
Jul 19, 2017 – Mediamorph has been selected to automate contract management and programmer fee calculations while delivering enhanced flexibility and control of packaging models by TELUS.
News categories: Mediamorph, TELUS, Rob Gardos, Blair Miller, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV
TELUS adds Netflix 4K to Optik TV
Nov 7, 2016 – TELUS (TSX:T)(NYSE:TU) customers can now access some of the biggest and most buzzed-about new shows in stunning 4K with the launch of the Netflix app on Optik TV 4K set-top boxes.
News categories: TELUS, Netflix, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Netflix now accessible through TELUS in Canada
Feb 11, 2015 – TELUS (TSX:T)(NYSE:TU) has announced that Optik TV customers will be able to access Netflix directly from their Optik TV set-top box, removing the inconvenience of having to switch hardware and source inputs or fumble with additional remotes.
News categories: TELUS, Netflix, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product