Digital TV News: Blair Miller
TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
Aug 15, 2019 – TELUS has launched TELUS Home Assistant, a Google Assistant-based platform that gives Optik TV customers the freedom to control their entertainment experience hands-free using voice commands, at no extra cost.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
TELUS first in Canada with 24/7 linear 4K HDR channel
Aug 9, 2018 – TELUS has announced the debut of Travelxp 4K HDR, a global travel and lifestyle channel, marking the first time a network broadcasting 24/7 in 4K HDR is available in Canada.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV
Ericsson MediaFirst TV platform selected by TELUS
Dec 20, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by TELUS to power its next-generation TV service. The Ericsson MediaFirst TV Platform is an end-to-end media platform for the creation, management, and delivery of next-generation Pay TV.
News categories: Ericsson, TELUS, Angel Ruiz, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
YouTube now available on TELUS 4K boxes
Oct 2, 2017 – TELUS has announced that YouTube will be accessible on all Optik TV 4K digital boxes. YouTube on Optik TV is specifically designed for a big screen viewing experience, with easy-to-discover content and access to HD and 4K videos.
News categories: TELUS, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
TELUS selects Mediamorph to streamline programmer fee calculations and processing
Jul 19, 2017 – Mediamorph has been selected to automate contract management and programmer fee calculations while delivering enhanced flexibility and control of packaging models by TELUS.
News categories: Mediamorph, TELUS, Rob Gardos, Blair Miller, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV
TELUS adds Netflix 4K to Optik TV
Nov 7, 2016 – TELUS (TSX:T)(NYSE:TU) customers can now access some of the biggest and most buzzed-about new shows in stunning 4K with the launch of the Netflix app on Optik TV 4K set-top boxes.
News categories: TELUS, Netflix, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Netflix now accessible through TELUS in Canada
Feb 11, 2015 – TELUS (TSX:T)(NYSE:TU) has announced that Optik TV customers will be able to access Netflix directly from their Optik TV set-top box, removing the inconvenience of having to switch hardware and source inputs or fumble with additional remotes.
News categories: TELUS, Netflix, Blair Miller, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform