Digital TV News: Brett Jenkins
Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
Jul 28, 2020 – Seven local TV stations in Portland, including KATU (ABC), KOIN (CBS), KGW (NBC), KPTV (Fox), KOPB-TV (PBS), KRCW-TV (CW) and KPDX (MyNet), have become among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, BitPath, Mark Aitken, John Hane, Tom Casey, Brett Jenkins, Kurt Rao, Steven Bass, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
Jun 30, 2020 – Four of Salt Lake City's local television stations – KUTV (CBS), KTVX (ABC), KUCW (CW) and KJZZ-TV (Ind), are now among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, BitPath, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, John Hane, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches in Nashville
Jun 23, 2020 – Five Nashville local network-affiliated television stations - WTVF (CBS), WKRN-TV (ABC), WZTV (FOX), WUXP-TV (MyNet) and WNAB (CW) - have became among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, Scripps, WNAB/Nashville Broadcasting, Bitpath, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Brian Lawlor, Dennis Breckey, John Hane, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
FreeWheel cuts inefficiencies in the local TV advertising process
Apr 9, 2019 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has launched enhancements to its Strata platform that will bring additional automation to the local TV advertising process. These enhancements will bring greater efficiencies to many of the tasks associated with buying such advertising.
News categories: FreeWheel, Joy Baer, Adam Herman, Brett Jenkins, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ION Media Launches ATSC-M/H in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Jun 29, 2009 – ION Media Networks has announced the launch of its Digital Broadcast 'Triple Play' in New York City and Washington, D.C. The DTV service includes the broadcast of ION Television, in high-definition, two additional digital networks, plus Mobile DTV.
News categories: ION Media Networks, Digital TV, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat