Digital TV News: Chas Smith
Roku and TCL plan 8K TCL Roku TVs and built-in voice controls
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that they are working together to make 8K TCL Roku TVs available to consumers in 2019. Additionally, Roku is expanding its 4K and HDR hardware reference design to include far-field microphones for voice search and control.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces Westinghouse Roku TV partnership
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced Westinghouse as the newest brand to join the Roku TV licensing program. Westinghouse will use Roku's OS and reference design in HD models expected in the first half of 2019, and in 4K models later in the year.
News categories: Roku, Westinghouse, Chas Smith, Brett Hunt, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces JVC as newest Roku TV brand
Aug 29, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Shenzhen MTC has joined the Roku TV licensing program to build smart TVs under the JVC brand. MTC will use TV hardware reference designs and the Roku OS to create a line of JVC smart TVs.
News categories: Roku, JVC, MTC, Chas Smith, John Araki, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces Sanyo as its newest Roku TV brand
Apr 4, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that the Sanyo brand is now part of the Roku TV licensing program. Funai Corporation expects to ship the first Sanyo Roku TVs in Canada this quarter.
News categories: Roku, Funai, Chas Smith, Peter Swinkels, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Funai Electric joins Roku TV licensing program
Nov 13, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Funai Electric has joined the Roku TV licensing program. Funai Electric will use the Roku TV platform to build and deliver smart TVs under the Philips brand that run the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Funai Electric, Chas Smith, Peter Swinkels, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces new streaming player line
Oct 2, 2017 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced five new streaming players. The new line up includes a range of player models that offer better performance, improved wireless reception, new convenience features and greater value than ever before.
News categories: Roku, Chas Smith, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
RCA makes available 50", 43" and 32" Roku TV models
Aug 10, 2017 – The RCA Roku TVs leverage the Roku TV platform to provide customers with an easy-to-use smart TV interface featuring favorite streaming channels alongside other entertainment options such as cable boxes, gaming consoles, antennas and other devices.
News categories: RCA, Roku, Curtis International, Aaron Herzog, Chas Smith, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA, UX
1 in 8 smart TVs sold in the U.S. runs Roku OS
Jan 3, 2017 – Roku has announced that industry data reveals incredible momentum for the Roku TV program in just two years since its launch. As of Dec. 2016 following launch into Mexico, there were 100 Roku TV models available in the North American market.
News categories: Roku, Element Electronics, TCL, Chas Smith, Vlad Kazhdan, Chris Larson, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Hitachi takes advantage of Roku Smart TV reference design
Jun 29, 2016 – Roku has announced that Hitachi is the newest brand to join the Roku TV licensing program. Hitachi will take advantage of Roku’s TV reference design to build smart TVs that run Roku OS. Consumers will be able to purchase both HD and 4K Ultra HD Hitachi Roku TV models this fall.
News categories: Roku, Hitachi, Chas Smith, Bill Whalen, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand