Digital TV News: Chas Smith
Roku and TCL plan 8K TCL Roku TVs and built-in voice controls
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that they are working together to make 8K TCL Roku TVs available to consumers in 2019. Additionally, Roku is expanding its 4K and HDR hardware reference design to include far-field microphones for voice search and control.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Roku announces Westinghouse Roku TV partnership
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced Westinghouse as the newest brand to join the Roku TV licensing program. Westinghouse will use Roku's OS and reference design in HD models expected in the first half of 2019, and in 4K models later in the year.
News categories: Roku, Westinghouse, Chas Smith, Brett Hunt, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces JVC as newest Roku TV brand
Aug 29, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Shenzhen MTC has joined the Roku TV licensing program to build smart TVs under the JVC brand. MTC will use TV hardware reference designs and the Roku OS to create a line of JVC smart TVs.
News categories: Roku, JVC, MTC, Chas Smith, John Araki, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Roku announces Sanyo as its newest Roku TV brand
Apr 4, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that the Sanyo brand is now part of the Roku TV licensing program. Funai Corporation expects to ship the first Sanyo Roku TVs in Canada this quarter.
News categories: Roku, Funai, Chas Smith, Peter Swinkels, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Funai Electric joins Roku TV licensing program
Nov 13, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Funai Electric has joined the Roku TV licensing program. Funai Electric will use the Roku TV platform to build and deliver smart TVs under the Philips brand that run the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Funai Electric, Chas Smith, Peter Swinkels, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Roku announces new streaming player line
Oct 2, 2017 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced five new streaming players. The new line up includes a range of player models that offer better performance, improved wireless reception, new convenience features and greater value than ever before.
News categories: Roku, Chas Smith, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
RCA makes available 50", 43" and 32" Roku TV models
Aug 10, 2017 – The RCA Roku TVs leverage the Roku TV platform to provide customers with an easy-to-use smart TV interface featuring favorite streaming channels alongside other entertainment options such as cable boxes, gaming consoles, antennas and other devices.
News categories: RCA, Roku, Curtis International, Aaron Herzog, Chas Smith, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
1 in 8 smart TVs sold in the U.S. runs Roku OS
Jan 3, 2017 – Roku has announced that industry data reveals incredible momentum for the Roku TV program in just two years since its launch. As of Dec. 2016 following launch into Mexico, there were 100 Roku TV models available in the North American market.
News categories: Roku, Element Electronics, TCL, Chas Smith, Vlad Kazhdan, Chris Larson, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Hitachi takes advantage of Roku Smart TV reference design
Jun 29, 2016 – Roku has announced that Hitachi is the newest brand to join the Roku TV licensing program. Hitachi will take advantage of Roku’s TV reference design to build smart TVs that run Roku OS. Consumers will be able to purchase both HD and 4K Ultra HD Hitachi Roku TV models this fall.
News categories: Roku, Hitachi, Chas Smith, Bill Whalen, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022