Digital TV News: Crackle
SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
Sep 13, 2021 – The newly enhanced Popcornflix app, launched by Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE), is now running on a streaming and integrated advertising platform built and powered by SeaChange International (NASDAQ:SEAC).
News categories: SeaChange, Crackle, Bob Pons, Karan Singh, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
Jun 15, 2021 – TheViewPoint has partnered with DMR to amplify monetization of DMR's CTV/OTT advertising inventory. TheViewPoint is a video ad monetization platform for publishers and broadcasters.
News categories: TheViewPoint, Digital Media Rights, Keren Pass, Aaron Bendich, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Bitmovin supports AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
May 21, 2021 – Bitmovin’s Cloud Connect service enables OTT streaming service providers to encode on their own AWS infrastructure and use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Spot Instances to save up to 90% on costs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Service, Crackle, Justin Fujita, Eric Iverson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Plex raises $50 million from investor Intercap
Apr 14, 2021 – Plex has completed a growth equity round of $50 million with Intercap. The financing includes $15 million in new capital for Plex, with the remainder used to purchase shares and options from employees and shareholders.
News categories: Plex, Intercap, Keith Valory, Jason Chapnik, James Merkur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
Apr 14, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced the launch of the Crackle app on Comcast's Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex. For access, Xfinity customers can simply say 'Crackle' into the Xfinity Voice Remote.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Comcast, Philippe Guelton, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Crackle app to launch on Smart TVs powered by Vewd
Mar 10, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus has signed an agreement to launch the Crackle app on Smart TVs and set-top boxes powered by Vewd.
News categories: Crackle, Vewd, Philippe Guelton, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
Mar 2, 2021 – SpotX has announced a partnership with Crackle Plus to serve as a primary supply-side platform (SSP) to power the video monetization of Crackle Plus inventory across both existing and new distribution channels.
News categories: SpotX, Crackle, Mike Laband, Darren Olive, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Magnite to acquire SpotX from RTL
Feb 5, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has agreed to acquire SpotX from RTL Group for $1.17 billion. Together, the companies will create the largest independent CTV and video advertising platform in the programmatic marketplace.
News categories: Magnite, SpotX, RTL Group, Michael Barrett, Mike Shehan, Thomas Rabe, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
20% of U.S. broadband households use ad-supported OTT services
Dec 15, 2020 – Parks Associates has found that 20% of U.S. broadband households are using ad-supported OTT services and 15% 'freemium' services, placing these business models in strong second place, behind OTT subscriptions.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform