Digital TV News: Dave Folsom
Synamedia participating in Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative
Dec 21, 2021 – Synamedia has announced its participation in the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative bringing ATSC 3.0 to Washington, D.C. The Collaborative was established by Pearl TV in coordination with Howard University.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Elke Hungenaer, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
Jun 15, 2021 – The Single Frequency Network (SFN) capability of NEXTGEN TV can help broadcasters enhance the robustness of reception of TV signals, according to results from Phoenix Model Market testing.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sony field tests demonstrate ATSC 3.0 broadcasting to vehicles
Feb 11, 2021 – Field testing by Sony has demonstrated the robustness of ATSC 3.0 mobile reception creating an opportunity for local TV stations to transmit software updates and information to cars and trucks.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Nejat, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
Oct 14, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market partners and Pearl TV have announced a second transmission facility for NEXTGEN TV in Phoenix that will power a Single Frequency Network (SFN) once licenses are approved by the FCC and the facilities are on-air.
News categories: Pearl TV, Scripps, Dave Folsom, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA, UX
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024