Digital TV News: David Cohen
TVision secures $16 million in new funding
Nov 2, 2020 – TVision has announced that it has secured $16 million in new funding, led by SIG Asia Investments. Major corporations, networks and CTV platforms rely on TVision for person-level TV engagement data.
News categories: TVision, Susquehanna International Group, Yan Liu, Ye Li, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Venture Capital
Consumers prefer ads on Connected TV to those on Linear TV
Dec 21, 2018 – Ads served on Connected TV devices tend to decrease ad overload, and according to a study from MAGNA, they also create more positive emotions and increase engagement for viewers across all age groups as compared to Linear TV.
News categories: MAGNA, David Cohen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
FreeWheel launches advanced advertising suite for the new TV landscape
Oct 15, 2018 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced the launch of FreeWheel’s DRIVE, a suite of advanced advertising solutions designed to help marketers reach consumers across emerging forms of TV using advanced data and measurement capabilities.
News categories: FreeWheel, David Clark, David Cohen, Noah Levine, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
NBCUniversal advertising metric measures viewing across both linear and digital
Apr 5, 2018 – NBCUniversal has announced a unified advertising metric, measuring all live, on-demand and time-shifted commercial impressions on every viewing platform. Called CFlight, the metric delivers a comprehensive representation of advertising exposure within full episodes of shows across all screens.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Linda Yaccarino, Lyle Schwartz, David Cohen, John Swift, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
MAGNA partners with Roku to deliver targeted advertising to OTT audiences
Jan 25, 2017 – MAGNA, a unit of IPG Mediabrands, has announced a partnership with Roku to deliver targeted advertising to OTT audiences. Through the partnership IPG Mediabrands clients will gain access to the advertising capabilities of the Roku platform.
News categories: MAGNA Global, Roku, IPG Mediabrands, David Cohen, Scott Rosenberg, Advertising, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
3DFusion NO-Glasses 3D Display Technology is Accepted By Industry Experts as Commercially Ready
Nov 18, 2010 – On Oct. 27th, 2010, 3DFusion participated in the Kagan/Panasonic 3D Media Markets event at the Waldorf Astoria, organized by PK World Media. The overall consensus was that 3D without glasses is 5 to 10 years away.
News categories: 3DFusion, VR
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0