Digital TV News: Duncan Bees
DLNA 4.0 Guidelines now available for download
Jun 29, 2016 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that its latest Guidelines for streaming personal content in the home are now available for download. DLNA 4.0 solves the 'media format not supported' problem between devices while supporting Ultra HD TV content streaming.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Duncan Bees, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
Home Gateway Initiative makes specifications public prior to closure
Jun 28, 2016 – The Home Gateway Initiative (HGI), which has been the world’s leading organisation setting requirements for the broadband-connected Home Gateway since 2005, has confirmed it will cease operations as planned on Thursday, June 30, but will make its work available on a new archive website.
News categories: Home Gateway Initiative, David Thorne, Duncan Bees, Luca Giacomello, Digital TV, Gateway, Worldwide
HGI sets requirements for home network devices
Aug 24, 2015 – The Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) has announced that it has published new requirements for home network devices. The new document extends the current Quality of Service (QoS) architecture already published by HGI, to cover the entire home network.
News categories: HGI, Duncan Bees, Gateway, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Home Gateway Initiative to close in 2016
Jun 29, 2015 – The Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) has announced that it plans to complete its current work by mid-2016 and bring the organisation to a close. Following the end of the organisation, the requirements documents created by HGI will remain available to the industry.
News categories: Home Gateway Initiative, Luca Giacomello, Duncan Bees, Gateway, Middleware, Worldwide
HGI sets out business requirements for media gateway
Jul 28, 2014 – HGI has today set out high-level Broadband Service Provider (BSP) business requirements for a Media Gateway as it continues in its quest to build a technology-agnostic smart home ecosystem.
News categories: HGI, Duncan Bees, Philippe Calvet, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
HGI and Broadband Forum to discuss Device Template for Smart Home Interoperability
Mar 12, 2014 – HGI and Broadband Forum will discuss, during a Smart Home Task Force meeting of HGI, recommendations for a universal template which will facilitate interworking between home devices and smart home applications.
News categories: HGI, Broadband Forum, Duncan Bees, Robin Mersh, Middleware, Smart Home
OSGi Alliance and HGI Collaborate on Software Execution Environment for Home Gateways
Sep 16, 2009 – The OSGi™ Alliance and the Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) have agreed to work together to integrate the OSGi Service Platform into the home gateway, creating a software execution environment that will facilitate digital home services.
News categories: Home Gateway Initiative, OSGi, Broadband, Gateway, Middleware, Smart Home
Home Gateway Initiative To Host Its First Test Event
Aug 26, 2009 – The first ever test event to assess Quality of Service (QoS) and Multi-session support in both Home Gateway products and reference designs is to be held by the Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) in France next month.
News categories: Home Gateway Initiative, BBWF, Broadband, Content Distribution, Gateway, Smart Home
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia