Digital TV News: Eddie Ferraro
Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
Oct 16, 2019 – Globecast has announced that it has been selected by Orby TV to provide turnkey broadcast media operational services. Launched throughout the lower 48 United States in spring 2019, Orby TV is a pay-as-you-go satellite TV service.
News categories: Globecast, Orby TV, Eddie Ferraro, Michael Thornton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Globecast partners with SnifferCat for OTT dynamic ad insertion
Mar 25, 2019 – Globecast has announced a partnership with SnifferCat to add dynamic ad insertion (DAI) to its offering. SnifferCat's DAI automates the process of preparing unmarked content for distribution and monetization across multiple OTT platforms.
News categories: Globecast, SnifferCat, Eddie Ferraro, Tom Link, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
Globecast and Harmonic show first UHD-HDR OTT Platform-as-a-Service at NABShow
Apr 24, 2017 – Globecast and Harmonic have partnered to demonstrate the first ultra-high-definition (UHD) high dynamic range (HDR) OTT managed platform as a service (PaaS) for delivery of linear content over the internet to connected TVs.
News categories: Globecast, Harmonic, VIVE Lifestyle Network, Eddie Ferraro, Thierry Fautier, John Jacaman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Globecast adds satellite platform on AMC-11
Dec 14, 2015 – Globecast has announced that it has launched a satellite platform on the AMC-11 satellite. As a result, prospective and current clients can benefit from the most powerful orbital position in the US for distribution to cable headends.
News categories: Globecast, SES S.A, Eddie Ferraro, Steve Bunke, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, North America, Satellite
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019