Digital TV News: Eddie Ferraro
Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
Oct 16, 2019 – Globecast has announced that it has been selected by Orby TV to provide turnkey broadcast media operational services. Launched throughout the lower 48 United States in spring 2019, Orby TV is a pay-as-you-go satellite TV service.
News categories: Globecast, Orby TV, Eddie Ferraro, Michael Thornton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Globecast partners with SnifferCat for OTT dynamic ad insertion
Mar 25, 2019 – Globecast has announced a partnership with SnifferCat to add dynamic ad insertion (DAI) to its offering. SnifferCat's DAI automates the process of preparing unmarked content for distribution and monetization across multiple OTT platforms.
News categories: Globecast, SnifferCat, Eddie Ferraro, Tom Link, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Globecast and Harmonic show first UHD-HDR OTT Platform-as-a-Service at NABShow
Apr 24, 2017 – Globecast and Harmonic have partnered to demonstrate the first ultra-high-definition (UHD) high dynamic range (HDR) OTT managed platform as a service (PaaS) for delivery of linear content over the internet to connected TVs.
News categories: Globecast, Harmonic, VIVE Lifestyle Network, Eddie Ferraro, Thierry Fautier, John Jacaman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Globecast adds satellite platform on AMC-11
Dec 14, 2015 – Globecast has announced that it has launched a satellite platform on the AMC-11 satellite. As a result, prospective and current clients can benefit from the most powerful orbital position in the US for distribution to cable headends.
News categories: Globecast, SES S.A, Eddie Ferraro, Steve Bunke, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, North America, Satellite
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification