Digital TV News: Eric Anderson
Samsung Adds New Amazon Instant Video App to Smart TVs
Oct 24, 2012 – Samsung America (Seoul: 005930) has announced that Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) Instant Video now joins the library of streaming content featured on Samsung TVs. Amazon Instant Video offers access to a library of over 140,000 movies and commercial-free TV shows.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Samsung and Verizon Release FiOS TV App
Aug 7, 2012 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) has announced the availability of the FiOS TV app on compatible Samsung TVs and Blu-ray players. The app lets Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) FiOS TV subscribers watch live and on-demand movies and TV without requiring a set-top box.
News categories: Samsung, Verizon, Apps, Blu-ray, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart TV, USA
Amino selected for Alaskan HD expansion
Oct 8, 2009 – Matanuska Telephone Association (MTA) has selected Amino Communications (LSE: AMO) as part of their expanded high definition (HD) IP set-top box (STB) deployment. Alaska-based MTA provides over 60,000 lines across its 10,000 square mile network area.
News categories: Amino, Matanuska Telephone Association, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX