Digital TV News: European Audiovisual Observatory
European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
May 10, 2022 – The European VOD Coalition has been launched to give a voice to the European audiovisual streaming sector. It will engage with policy makers and regulators on behalf of companies who invest in and distribute audiovisual content in Europe.
News categories: European VOD Coalition, Julia Maxwell, Digital TV, Europe, Regulation, Streaming
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 18, 2022 – The report provides snapshots of the top AV players and explores concentration, statute, and origin of ownership by revenues, pay TV subscriptions, SVOD subscriptions, number of TV channels, number of on-demand services, TV audiences, number of TV fiction titles produced and number of cinema screens.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes Key Trends 2020/2021 report
May 20, 2021 – Key Trends 2020/2021 is the Observatory’s yearly digest of what's hot in European media: TV, film and VOD. This edition outlines the big picture of the European audiovisual sector with a round-up of the key data from Observatory research.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
European VOD revenues increased 30-fold over the last ten years
Feb 9, 2021 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report that focuses on the evolution of the SVOD, TVOD and AVOD/BVOD markets in the European Union (EU28) and their impact on traditional audiovisual markets.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
Apr 9, 2020 – This new report 'Supply of audiovisual media services in Europe: MAVISE insights - 2019 edition' provides an overview of the supply of services (TV channels and on-demand) available in the European audiovisual media landscape.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Europe, Market Research
13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
Nov 27, 2019 – A study published by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) shows that up to 13.7 million EU citizens stream unauthorised internet protocol television (IPTV), at a cost of EUR 941.7 million per year.
News categories: EUIPO, Christian Archambeau, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
Jun 13, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pay audiovisual services in Europe, covering the state of play for the two main segments: linear pay TV and SVOD. The report also analyses the main factors likely to influence their development.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Laura Ene, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming
Pay TV and SVOD in Europe on the up, TV viewing and Blu-ray slump
Nov 22, 2018 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its Yearbook 2018/2019 on line service. The database provides comparative European data on film, television, on-demand and physical video in 41 countries.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV