Digital TV News: Fraunhofer HHI
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 – The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as 'High Efficiency Video Coding' (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
ST and Fraunhofer HHI Demonstrate World's First Standard-Based 3D Adaptive Video-Streaming Software Receiver
Sep 28, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute (HHI) have unveiled the industry's first 3D video receiver based on the new MPEG-DASH standard for dynamic and adaptive HTTP streaming.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, HHI, Digital TV, EU, Media Player, Semiconductor, Streaming, VR
MUSCADE explores 4-camera 3D for autostereoscopic displays
Jul 7, 2010 – 3D-pioneer KUK has built a 4-camera rig to allow shooting of multiview 3D content, suitable for rendering on autostereoscopic displays (3D-TVs without glasses). The work is in a research phase, but shows a path 3D-TV may take in the coming decade.
News categories: KUK Film, Heinrich Hertz Institute, MUSCADE, VR
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way