Digital TV News: Glenn Hower
Amazon moves to second place in U.S. streaming media player sales
May 17, 2016 – Parks Associates has announced research at INTX showing Roku is still the most popular brand of streaming media players, accounting for 30% of the players purchased from 1Q 2015 to 1Q 2016. Amazon moved into a virtual tie with Google at 22% of sales.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
TV Everywhere reaches 40% of U.S. pay-TV consumers
Mar 23, 2016 – According to Parks Associates, usage of authenticated video viewing, or TV Everywhere, reached 40% of U.S. pay-TV consumers in 2015, up from 22% in 2013. The percentage of respondents watching authenticated video at least once a month is 23%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Everywhere, USA
US consumers spend >$6 per month on subscription OTT video
Jan 28, 2016 – Parks Associates has announced research showing that average monthly spending on internet-based subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services among U.S. broadband households increased from $3.71 per month in 2012 to $6.19 per month in 2015.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
High churn rates for U.S. OTT video services
Jul 30, 2015 – Parks Associates’ OTT Video Market Tracker has revealed high churn rates for many OTT video services. In the past 12 months, 4% of U.S. broadband households have cancelled their Netflix service, representing nearly 9% of Netflix’s current subscriber base.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
OTT video password sharing to cost industry $500 million in 2015
Jul 8, 2015 – Parks Associates has found that OTT video credential sharing will cost the industry $500 million in revenues in 2015. In the U.S., 6% of broadband households use an OTT video service that is paid by a person living outside of the household.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
U.S. consumers still prefer TVs over tablets and smartphones for video
Sep 17, 2014 – U.S. broadband households spend 1.3 hours per week watching video on a tablet and 1.6 hours per week watching video on a smartphone, compared to 20 hours per week on the TV, according to Parks Associates.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Market Research, Mobile, USA
45% of U.S. pay TV subscribers find cloud DVR very appealing
Jul 31, 2014 – Over 45% of U.S. pay-TV subscribers find cloud DVR technology very appealing, according to Parks Associates. Consumers show particular interest in unlimited storage space and two-week catch-up services for video.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community