Digital TV News: Glenn Hower
Amazon moves to second place in U.S. streaming media player sales
May 17, 2016 – Parks Associates has announced research at INTX showing Roku is still the most popular brand of streaming media players, accounting for 30% of the players purchased from 1Q 2015 to 1Q 2016. Amazon moved into a virtual tie with Google at 22% of sales.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
TV Everywhere reaches 40% of U.S. pay-TV consumers
Mar 23, 2016 – According to Parks Associates, usage of authenticated video viewing, or TV Everywhere, reached 40% of U.S. pay-TV consumers in 2015, up from 22% in 2013. The percentage of respondents watching authenticated video at least once a month is 23%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, TV Everywhere, USA
US consumers spend >$6 per month on subscription OTT video
Jan 28, 2016 – Parks Associates has announced research showing that average monthly spending on internet-based subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services among U.S. broadband households increased from $3.71 per month in 2012 to $6.19 per month in 2015.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
High churn rates for U.S. OTT video services
Jul 30, 2015 – Parks Associates’ OTT Video Market Tracker has revealed high churn rates for many OTT video services. In the past 12 months, 4% of U.S. broadband households have cancelled their Netflix service, representing nearly 9% of Netflix’s current subscriber base.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
OTT video password sharing to cost industry $500 million in 2015
Jul 8, 2015 – Parks Associates has found that OTT video credential sharing will cost the industry $500 million in revenues in 2015. In the U.S., 6% of broadband households use an OTT video service that is paid by a person living outside of the household.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
U.S. consumers still prefer TVs over tablets and smartphones for video
Sep 17, 2014 – U.S. broadband households spend 1.3 hours per week watching video on a tablet and 1.6 hours per week watching video on a smartphone, compared to 20 hours per week on the TV, according to Parks Associates.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Market Research, Mobile, USA
45% of U.S. pay TV subscribers find cloud DVR very appealing
Jul 31, 2014 – Over 45% of U.S. pay-TV subscribers find cloud DVR technology very appealing, according to Parks Associates. Consumers show particular interest in unlimited storage space and two-week catch-up services for video.
News categories: Parks Associates, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK