Digital TV News: IAB Tech Lab
IAB Tech Lab initiative aims to bring addressability to all TV environments
Nov 10, 2022 – IAB Tech Lab has launched an initiative to set technical standards to bring universal addressability to all TV environments. To achieve many of the goals Video Watermark Technology will be instrumental.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Shailley Singh, Stephane Krzywoglowy, Ken Norcross, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
Sep 22, 2022 – IAB Tech Lab has released updates to its Secure Interactive Media Interface Definition 1.2 (SIMID 1.2) and Video Ad Serving Template 4.3 (VAST 4.3). The updates are open for public comment until October 22, 2022.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Shailley Singh, Aron Schatz, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, USA, Worldwide
8-10% of streaming ad impressions play when the TV is shut off
Jun 13, 2022 – GroupM has partnered with media companies in the advertising industry to create new standards in streaming viewability and CTV measurement. The initiative follows a study with iSpot that quantifies inflated CTV ad delivery counts and reveals that, on average, 8-10% of streaming impressions play when the TV is shut off.
News categories: GroupM, iSpot.tv, Kirk McDonald, Sean Muller, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
IAB Tech Lab updates Connected TV ad format guidelines
Mar 31, 2022 – IAB Tech Lab has updated its ad format guidelines to include Digital Video and CTV formats. The update accounts for higher resolution, wider screens, and the opportunities for ad interactions in CTV that exist in today's world.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Nick Short, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
OpenRTB 2.6 adds improvements to support CTV pod bidding
Dec 9, 2021 – IAB Tech Lab has released OpenRTB 2.6 for public comment for a 60-day period. The flagship feature of OpenRTB 2.6 is that it enables seamless buying of CTV inventory by introducing structured, dynamic, and hybrid ad pods.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Shailley Singh, James Wilhite, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
IAB Tech Lab announces ads.cert 2.0 authentication protocols
Sep 30, 2021 – IAB Tech Lab has announced ads.cert 2.0, a standard introduced to enhance security in the digital advertising ecosystem. In particular, the protocols secure buying and selling of programmatic CTV ad inventory.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Amit Shetty, Rob Hazan, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ucfunnel and NetRange enable dynamic ads on Smart TV
Mar 15, 2021 – ucfunnel has announced a partnership with NetRange to deliver advertisements on NetRange’s portal for premium streaming VOD content. The solution runs on MediaTek's turnkey Smart TV platform.
News categories: ucfunnel, ACCESS CO, Kenny Wu, Michimasa Uematsu, Advertising, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
IAB Tech Lab releases OTT/CTV ads.txt and app-ads.txt specifications
Dec 15, 2020 – IAB Tech Lab has released for comment its authorized digital sellers list (ads.txt) specification and its mobile app counterpart (app-ads.txt) to address transparency and anti-fraud for Connected TV and OTT inventory.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Amit Shetty, Neal Richter, Bill Simmons, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Comscore aligns CTV audience segments with IAB Tech Lab guidelines
Sep 11, 2019 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it has joined with Adobe, Google and Oracle Data Cloud to introduce privacy-focused connected TV (CTV) audience segments that align with Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Tech Lab guidelines.
News categories: Comscore, Adobe, Google, Oracle, IAB Tech Lab, Rachel Gantz, Keith Eadie, Deepti Bhatnagar, Veronica Ahern, Dennis Buchheim, Advertising, Big Data, Streaming, USA
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022