Digital TV News: IAB Tech Lab
Comscore aligns CTV audience segments with IAB Tech Lab guidelines
Sep 11, 2019 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it has joined with Adobe, Google and Oracle Data Cloud to introduce privacy-focused connected TV (CTV) audience segments that align with Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Tech Lab guidelines.
News categories: Comscore, Adobe, Google, Oracle, IAB Tech Lab, Rachel Gantz, Keith Eadie, Deepti Bhatnagar, Veronica Ahern, Dennis Buchheim, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA
IAB releases for comment specification to improve video advertising
Apr 23, 2019 – The IAB Technology Laboratory has released SIMID for public comment, a specification designed to replace VPAID and increase transparency and security, while increasing support for creativity and interactive capabilities.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Dennis Buchheim, Jarred Wilichinsky, Peentoo Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, USA, Worldwide
Innovid adds VAST inventory support across major vendors
Jul 18, 2018 – Innovid has announced support for third party viewability measurement from all major vendors in VAST inventory. Complete video viewability measurement was previously only available in VPAID inventory. On mobile and connected TV, VAST is more commonly used than VPAID.
News categories: Innovid, Michael Tuminello, Felix Hansen, Saar Paamoni, Dale Older, Dan Fichter, Advertising, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
MRC finalizes Digital Video Ad Measurement Guidelines update
Jun 29, 2018 – The Media Rating Council (MRC) has announced the release of an updated version of the IAB Digital Video Ad Impression Measurement Guidelines. The document was initially circulated in draft form for public comment in late 2017, and now is considered final.
News categories: Media Rating Council, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
IAB Tech Lab proposes Data Transparency Framework for digital advertising
May 23, 2018 – The IAB Technology Lab has announced the release of Data Transparency Framework 1.0 for public comment—guidance that outlines sourcing disclosures for those collecting data used to target, personalize, and measure digital advertising.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Dennis Buchheim, David Justus, Louis Jones, Alysia Borsa, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Worldwide
IAB Tech Lab releases OTT Identifier for Advertising guidelines for comment
Apr 3, 2018 – The IAB Technology Laboratory has released 'Guidelines for Identifier for Advertising on OTT Platforms' with recommendations on how to maintain a high-quality advertising experience within over-the-top television (OTT) environments.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Dennis Buchheim, Advertising, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
SpotX granted certification renewal by the Trustworthy Accountability Group
Mar 22, 2018 – SpotX has announced that it has been granted certification renewal by the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) for all official seals including the Certified Against Fraud Seal, Certified Against Malware Seal, the Certified Against Piracy Seal, and the Certified Inventory Quality Guidelines (IQG) Seal.
News categories: SpotX, Trustworthy Accountability Group, J. Allen Dove, Mike Zaneis, Advertising, USA
IAB whitepaper explores use of blockchain for video advertising
Feb 8, 2018 – The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) has a whitepaper that uncovers strong use cases for blockchain technology in digital video advertising, with a focus on over-the-top (OTT) advertising.
News categories: Interactive Advertising Bureau, Anna Bager, Charles Manning, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat