Digital TV News: Ian Olgeirson
Kagan releases multichannel projections for the U.S.
Jun 26, 2017 – The increasing loss of traditional multichannel subscribers in the U.S. is further splintering a video landscape in which streamed bundles, online subscription services, self-aggregation and over-the-air delivery are playing more prominent roles, according to Kagan.
News categories: Kagan, Ian Olgeirson, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Next 10 years look upbeat for the U.S. cable industry
Aug 11, 2016 – For the U.S. cable industry, the 10-year outlook is bright, according to SNL Kagan. The industry’s broadband advantage and bundling stance will enhance revenues from 2016 to 2026.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Ian Olgeirson, Tony Lenoir, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
U.S. Multichannel Video Subscribers Drop in Q3
Nov 17, 2010 – According to SNL Kagan's analysis of cable, DBS and telco video offerings, the U.S. multichannel segment fell by 119,000 customers in the third quarter of 2010, compared to a 346,000 gain reported in third-quarter 2009.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, USA
Rovi Unveils Search and Discovery Platform for the Cable Industry
May 10, 2010 – At The Cable Show, Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has unveiled its TotalGuide™ Solution for Service Providers, a flexible media guide for cable platforms. TotalGuide uses entertainment data from Rovi to power search, browse and recommendation capabilities.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware
SNL Kagan Forecasts Growth in U.S. Multichannel Video
May 15, 2008 – According to an updated projection from SNL Kagan, U.S. multichannel video services are expected to grow moderately over the next five years in a period that will be marked by increased competition for subscriber loyalty.
News categories: Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand