Digital TV News: Ian Olgeirson
Kagan releases multichannel projections for the U.S.
Jun 26, 2017 – The increasing loss of traditional multichannel subscribers in the U.S. is further splintering a video landscape in which streamed bundles, online subscription services, self-aggregation and over-the-air delivery are playing more prominent roles, according to Kagan.
News categories: Kagan, Ian Olgeirson, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Next 10 years look upbeat for the U.S. cable industry
Aug 11, 2016 – For the U.S. cable industry, the 10-year outlook is bright, according to SNL Kagan. The industry’s broadband advantage and bundling stance will enhance revenues from 2016 to 2026.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Ian Olgeirson, Tony Lenoir, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
U.S. Multichannel Video Subscribers Drop in Q3
Nov 17, 2010 – According to SNL Kagan's analysis of cable, DBS and telco video offerings, the U.S. multichannel segment fell by 119,000 customers in the third quarter of 2010, compared to a 346,000 gain reported in third-quarter 2009.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, USA
Rovi Unveils Search and Discovery Platform for the Cable Industry
May 10, 2010 – At The Cable Show, Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has unveiled its TotalGuide™ Solution for Service Providers, a flexible media guide for cable platforms. TotalGuide uses entertainment data from Rovi to power search, browse and recommendation capabilities.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware
SNL Kagan Forecasts Growth in U.S. Multichannel Video
May 15, 2008 – According to an updated projection from SNL Kagan, U.S. multichannel video services are expected to grow moderately over the next five years in a period that will be marked by increased competition for subscriber loyalty.
News categories: Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying