Digital TV News: Ian Olgeirson
Kagan releases multichannel projections for the U.S.
Jun 26, 2017 – The increasing loss of traditional multichannel subscribers in the U.S. is further splintering a video landscape in which streamed bundles, online subscription services, self-aggregation and over-the-air delivery are playing more prominent roles, according to Kagan.
News categories: Kagan, Ian Olgeirson, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Next 10 years look upbeat for the U.S. cable industry
Aug 11, 2016 – For the U.S. cable industry, the 10-year outlook is bright, according to SNL Kagan. The industry’s broadband advantage and bundling stance will enhance revenues from 2016 to 2026.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Ian Olgeirson, Tony Lenoir, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
U.S. Multichannel Video Subscribers Drop in Q3
Nov 17, 2010 – According to SNL Kagan's analysis of cable, DBS and telco video offerings, the U.S. multichannel segment fell by 119,000 customers in the third quarter of 2010, compared to a 346,000 gain reported in third-quarter 2009.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, USA
Rovi Unveils Search and Discovery Platform for the Cable Industry
May 10, 2010 – At The Cable Show, Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has unveiled its TotalGuide™ Solution for Service Providers, a flexible media guide for cable platforms. TotalGuide uses entertainment data from Rovi to power search, browse and recommendation capabilities.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware
SNL Kagan Forecasts Growth in U.S. Multichannel Video
May 15, 2008 – According to an updated projection from SNL Kagan, U.S. multichannel video services are expected to grow moderately over the next five years in a period that will be marked by increased competition for subscriber loyalty.
News categories: Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers