Digital TV News: James Moar
Smart TV voice assistant transactions to approach $500 million in 2023
Oct 7, 2021 – A study from Juniper Research has found that spend through voice assistant-enabled smart TVs will reach nearly $500 million in 2023; a sharp increase from the $126 million expected in 2021.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
Nov 30, 2020 – Research from Juniper Research has found that consumer VR content will generate more than $7 billion in revenue in 2025, up over 160% compared with 2020. The primary driver in this space will be console gamers.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Gaming, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
Nov 24, 2020 – Juniper Research expects there to be almost 13.5 billion smart home devices in use by 2025, compared to 7.4 billion this year. Smart entertainment devices will take the bulk of device revenue, at over $230 billion in 2025.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Video games subscription revenue to exceed $11 billion by 2025
Oct 5, 2020 – Juniper Research has found that video game subscription revenue will grow to $11 billion by 2025, up from $6.6 billion this year. However, cloud gaming is expected to make up only 25% of the total.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Worldwide
Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
Feb 12, 2019 – A study from Juniper Research has found that there will be 8 billion digital voice assistants in use by 2023, up from an estimated 2.5 billion at the end of 2018. The fastest growing voice assistant categories will be: Smart TVs, Smart speakers and Wearables.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Amazon Echo & Google Home to be in over 50% of US households by 2022
Nov 8, 2017 – A new study from Juniper Research has found that smart speakers such as Amazon Echo, Google Home, and the Sonos One will be installed in over 70 million US households by 2022, reaching 55% of all homes. Total installed devices will exceed 175 million.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Big Data, Market Research, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Wireless VR set to strain data networks
Aug 8, 2017 – A report from Juniper Research on Virtual Reality forecasts that wireless VR headsets (smartphone-based and standalone) data consumption will grow by over 650% over the next 4 years, from nearly 2,800PB (Petabytes) in 2017 to over 21,000PB in 2021.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
Smartphone VR to claim over half of VR device shipments by 2021
Nov 8, 2016 – A Juniper Research study has forecast that there will be nearly 60 million smartphone VR headsets shipped in 2021, an increase of around 240% on an expected 16.8 million this year.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, VR, Worldwide
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service