Digital TV News: John Eck
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Univision joins ATSC 3.0 exploitation consortium
Jun 1, 2017 – Nexstar Media (NASDAQ: NXST) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that Univision Local Media is now a party to the MOU establishing a consortium to promote innovation and develop and explore products and services associated with ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair, Nexstar, Univision, Chris Ripley, Perry A. Sook, John Eck, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Washington, D.C. to be Mobile Television Consumer Showcase
Apr 20, 2009 – At the 2009 NAB Show, the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that Washington, D.C. has been selected as a product showcase market for Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
OMVC Demonstrates Future of Mobile DTV and Details Initial Broadcaster Roll-Out Plans
Jan 8, 2009 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced the first wave of broadcasters that have committed to launching mobile digital television (DTV) services in 2009, covering 35% of U.S. television households.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, CES2023, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated